Peak horsepower 23 horsepower 17,400 watts

You can get an 18hp peak, 8hp continous motor at thunderstruckev.com for only $525.

Add another 400 for a controller though.

Then, the batteries. Still pretty cheap, for that kind of power. I might build up a 'superbike' this winter like that. I'd beat MOST cars on the road, 0-40mph.

**** these SLA batteries kill performance. My current project bike now weighs 70lbs with 34ah of batteries on the rack. I really wish they would make some better advancement in battery technology, and not have a crazy high cost.

Very nice setup with a hefty pricetag as well...

It says a 40 mile range, most likely real world useage would be 20 - 25 miles I am guessing?

range is always guessing - payload, wind, hills, pedaling, battery charge/condition - in the real world we've all seen it vary drastically. If someone claims 40 miles, realistically figure 10-25 miles actual...

$7500+ for a "being realistic" 25 mile range.... WOW!

I am no engineer by any means, but I am sure there must be way better range vehicles out there for this kind of money.

$7500+ for a "being realistic" 25 mile range.... WOW!

I am no engineer by any means, but I am sure there must be way better range vehicles out there for this kind of money.

Considering a Kawasaki KLR650 can be had for $5350 MSRP and deliver 60-70mpg, on/off road, etc...

Actually, the performance seems quite good for that battery pack. Remember batteries will only continue to improve for the better so it has a place in the EV world - but still...

The rear rim on my daily driver came from this guy, Neal is one cool dude and does great work.. the zero bike will hold it's own with a 250cc 4 stroke yamaha( anyone watch discovery channel ? " green machines " )

Range, like most things, it's all related to how you drive it ! hehe..

Back