peanut gas tank leaking.

Do You have A web Sight? Being a vendor.
Of course I have a web site! KCsBikes.com

KCsBikes.jpg

Nuvinci is the way to go. I've had 4spd and 5spd internals and both are OK. Once you go with a Nuvinci you will never go back to internal gears. It's like having a close ratio shift under power trans. that has the perfect ratio for whatever the condition.

Thank you both for your advice, and I will post later today with an update on my progress.
This won't help much with any repair to the old tank. I haven't seen a repair last very long so I would start with a new tank. You can use 2 brackets at each mount front and rear. Use nylock nuts and install like this. This setup clamps the brackets to the top tube without putting any pulling stress on the stud welds.
View media item 61435

This won't help much with any repair to the old tank. I haven't seen a repair last very long so I would start with a new tank. You can use 2 brackets at each mount front and rear. Use nylock nuts and install like this. This setup clamps the brackets to the top tube without putting any pulling stress on the stud welds.
View media item 61435
I've actually seriously contemplated just using the industrial strength velcro you can buy at Walmart. It's one of those stick on types so set and forget, and yeah that stuff is stuck real good once it's set in. Supposed to hold 10 pounds a sticker (like 2 by 4in or so) and a tank could take almost three.

I figured I'd cut the posts off and just stick it on and it will take 25 pounds of yanking to get it off if I wanted. The lash chain I rigged up to (decorate) hold the tank did fine in itself by chance, so I delayed using that precious stuff in case I found a better use for it.

I really REALLY should have mentioned it before but the thought mostly slipped my mind, as a main stage of stabilization that velcro would be so f***ing perfect for us cheap bike builders because once that's stuck on it's just not coming off without a fight, the clamps we loath can just be placed on very lightly and double nutted or nylocked or blue threadlocked, just to behave as a completely backup tie down, and maybe to prevent possible theft (like somebody notices no clamps on the tank and says hey let's try to pull this off this bike because of what I see type s**t.)

That velcro was the only thing holding my phone to my bar mount, I seriously stuck the fuzzy side to the back of my phone case and left it like that, it was soft and I could just pull it off the bike (with a fair level of pull, for velcro at least) and stick it in my pocket, exposing the velcro side to my sweaty pants pocket, without fail, for about a year while I still used that phone. Even after the upgrade I still have that (cracked) phone which serves as a GPS speedometer, spare flashlight, and emergency phone (911 only without service) with the velcro still very stuck to the case.

If one was to use that stuff to hold a gas tank it would totally work beyond any doubt, just cut the stupid f***ing bread twist ties they use as mounts or leave them on but not physically holding the tank in place, if they don't get used they will very likely not vibrate to s**t and leak everywhere, if you cut them off clean on a new tank then there's virtually nothing that can make it leak other than some freak thing or rust.

I'll post back later with a small experiment I'm willing to perform for the greater good, basically I'm going to stick the tape to a bike and tank and see how heavy I can make the bike before the tank will detach when I use the tank to lift the bike, or maybe just apply it to a small steel tube and see how much I can weight that. A full peanut tank doesn't weigh much so as long as there's a big difference in force to weight it should be just fine for most users.

I've actually seriously contemplated just using the industrial strength velcro you can buy at Walmart. It's one of those stick on types so set and forget, and yeah that stuff is stuck real good once it's set in. Supposed to hold 10 pounds a sticker (like 2 by 4in or so) and a tank could take almost three.

I figured I'd cut the posts off and just stick it on and it will take 25 pounds of yanking to get it off if I wanted. The lash chain I rigged up to (decorate) hold the tank did fine in itself by chance, so I delayed using that precious stuff in case I found a better use for it.

I really REALLY should have mentioned it before but the thought mostly slipped my mind, as a main stage of stabilization that velcro would be so f***ing perfect for us cheap bike builders because once that's stuck on it's just not coming off without a fight, the clamps we loath can just be placed on very lightly and double nutted or nylocked or blue threadlocked, just to behave as a completely backup tie down, and maybe to prevent possible theft (like somebody notices no clamps on the tank and says hey let's try to pull this off this bike because of what I see type sh*t.)

That velcro was the only thing holding my phone to my bar mount, I seriously stuck the fuzzy side to the back of my phone case and left it like that, it was soft and I could just pull it off the bike (with a fair level of pull, for velcro at least) and stick it in my pocket, exposing the velcro side to my sweaty pants pocket, without fail, for about a year while I still used that phone. Even after the upgrade I still have that (cracked) phone which serves as a GPS speedometer, spare flashlight, and emergency phone (911 only without service) with the velcro still very stuck to the case.

If one was to use that stuff to hold a gas tank it would totally work beyond any doubt, just cut the stupid f***ing bread twist ties they use as mounts or leave them on but not physically holding the tank in place, if they don't get used they will very likely not vibrate to sh*t and leak everywhere, if you cut them off clean on a new tank then there's virtually nothing that can make it leak other than some freak thing or rust.

I'll post back later with a small experiment I'm willing to perform for the greater good, basically I'm going to stick the tape to a bike and tank and see how heavy I can make the bike before the tank will detach when I use the tank to lift the bike, or maybe just apply it to a small steel tube and see how much I can weight that. A full peanut tank doesn't weigh much so as long as there's a big difference in force to weight it should be just fine for most users.
That's a good idea. The double sided gorilla mounting tape is "supposed" to hold 30 lbs.. Could be another good alternative along with some of the other vhs and uhs double tapes out there.

That's a good idea. The double sided gorilla mounting tape is "supposed" to hold 30 lbs.. Could be another good alternative along with some of the other vhs and uhs double tapes out there.
If I wanted something super permanent like that tape would be then I'd grab my go to double sticker, 3m brand automotive trim tape, it's another one of those set and forget things, does not however stick to smooth surfaces as well as the velcro tape does for whatever reason. Ultimately I would think a removable tank is more ideal, sometimes you just don't want it on there when you have to lay the bike down or turn it upside down.

Alternatively you could just put a section of plastic bag on the tank and wrap duct tape around it to the frame, that would be secure, somewhat easily removed, and function as a theft deterrent because it makes the bike look like a hunk of almost worthless crap.

View media item 61435
The studs are still prone to the engine vibration and road bumps. That is still putting stress around weld points. I know , I tried it that way.

salvage yard and find a one gallon plastic fuel tank with the gauge cap attatched for under 4 dollars.
attatch it to a rear flat rack with thick and wide zip ties then run your fuel line to your filter then carb to replace the peanut tanks.
works for me but may not work for your situation.

Ride Safe!

If I wanted something super permanent like that tape would be then I'd grab my go to double sticker, 3m brand automotive trim tape, it's another one of those set and forget things, does not however stick to smooth surfaces as well as the velcro tape does for whatever reason. Ultimately I would think a removable tank is more ideal, sometimes you just don't want it on there when you have to lay the bike down or turn it upside down.

Alternatively you could just put a section of plastic bag on the tank and wrap duct tape around it to the frame, that would be secure, somewhat easily removed, and function as a theft deterrent because it makes the bike look like a hunk of almost worthless crap.
Well their you have it then. Velcro and sash chain. The velcro, asi asi, but that f***ing sash chain, Ha who needs velcro.

Back