Crashes Pedal Bang Ouch! I'm a Casualty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my share of injuries in my 43 years on this mudball, and I gotta say, scrapes and scratches are indeed the worst. Far worse than a cut - and having been in the sheetmetal business for almost 25 years, I've had more than my share of those. When I used to box, glove scrapes were always the nastiest of injuries to get, anywhere. Scratches and scrapes are dirty on a microscopic level and tend to heal messily. Those always get me looking for the alcohol wipes and Neosporin!

Very true. We don't take them seriously and they do embed dirt into our tissues. Often a deep cut will bleed itself clean, and we take it seriously.

For the record: My broken femur did not involve any alcohol or other drugs, red streaks are a serious sign of sepsis, get help quick.

I forget where I had read a long time ago that a man had to get a limb amputated, I think it was his arm, after scraping it nastily on some old wooden fence. An innocent-looking scrape led to a medical nightmare. As a longtime bicyclist, road rash has always horrified me as well. Very hard to heal.

I forget where I had read a long time ago that a man had to get a limb amputated, I think it was his arm, after scraping it nastily on some old wooden fence. An innocent-looking scrape led to a medical nightmare. As a longtime bicyclist, road rash has always horrified me as well. Very hard to heal.

Ya, there some guy by the name Joe that I know who went to prison for breaking into some construction job, there he tells me, be was moving some plywood and a sliver of wood stab him in the leg and nature of the wood poison his muscle tissue and the prison doctors cut it out. That was then about 7 years ago and he still has to wrap an elastic bandage around his leg every day I mean the s**t has never healed and never will it's for life!

Very true. We don't take them seriously and they do embed dirt into our tissues. Often a deep cut will bleed itself clean, and we take it seriously.

For the record: My broken femur did not involve any alcohol or other drugs, red streaks are a serious sign of sepsis, get help quick.
That's kind of funny it reminds me of girl I use to know in high school had the hot blonde looks and every year she would break her leg skiing always on crutches in a cast when the cast came off long surgical scars I forgot the name of the femur fracture but it's the one where bone breaks through the skin.
You bring up some old nightmare stories 'blood poisoning' sounds like something you would tell at night around a campfire...is big foot really real?

So, I got this long scar on my leg from a bad break and surgery to fix it. All the guys in my Army unit had seen it. A bunch of us were doing training on a Navy base and at bar time an old sailor was showing us his war scars:

"See this one? I got it in Portsmouth. Beer bottle in a barfight. See this one? Guy tried to rob me with a knife in Lisbon...."

The boys were anxious to talk about my big scar: "Steve's got a big scar!"

Navy guy says: "Really?"

"Yeah! Yeah!" The boys say. I nod my head in agreement.

Navy guy says "How big?" I hold my fingers about 18 inches apart. The boys say"Yeah! Yeah!"

Navy guy says: "How'd you get that?" I says "Circumcision", The boys say"Yeah! Yeah!"

Ya military has a lot of inriquing stories also orphan stories since their in the mortician business how did I come to be?

Marines and army orphan story sounds similar , well there was a barrage of artilary on the city we began to clean it up hauling wheel barrels full of dirt out of the basement look down in the dirt began removing the dirt by hand and found this baby it was you the artilary stork delivered you!

Mine was different having a navy captain tell me.
Well, we had this emergency call to investigate an astroid that lite up the southern horizon sky next day the skipper recognize what appear to be a baby forming at sea used a net on long 16' foot handle (they show picture of both) scoop you out of the sea you were put into an pressurize incubator after a period of time it was evident you were going to be born so we flew you by plane to Washington naval station but before you got you there we had to land in another state along route because you wait born there.

I retold the story to an air force office but with a more refine vocabulary guy was blown away. That is the most beautiful fantastic story and that was the navy orphan story jeez that's wonderful I wonder what the air force orphan story is never heard it.

It's just hallucinations from the fever and sepsis from not getting his infection looked at by a qualified dr. Teabags dandelion stew and road salt dry rubs are not real qualified solutions and are probably adding to his buzz. I enjoy 420 daily but I still know where and how to get proper medical treatment. But then again I dont keep my spare parts in the tree tops or the bushes but hey I'm wierd like that. Happy Easter and 420 everyone.

Happy Zombie Day to You Too.
Let me bless you.

Outerspace alien zombie God death you!
Then compress you!
Then embed you in bedrock!
Then ziplock you!
and hold you prisoner
There for all eternity!
Amen.

However I am seeing some good results from using plain simple cinnamon on the injury I don't know if the infection is at its last cycle but in 3 days of using it without aids of antibiotic anti itch creams and ointments a big improvement red rash is shrinking in size no longer black, blue or green I was using about 5 or more ointments store bought made things more gross and had been going on for over 4 months.

Guess I got to perfect the treatment with slurries and what not for perfect application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back