Pedal crank hitting exhaust

I just think the exhaust side is the hottest and should get the most airflow. somewhere, someone learned that is probably best to have exhaust exit in front and curve back. on the other hand, I've seen 4 or 5 pics ppl did that for convenience but usually bcs of carb reasons like clearance or trying for a ram air effect,,

Vertically elongate both of the holes in the flange so you can rotate the whole exhaust (clockwise if viewing from in front of the bike).
I also dimpled the muffler slightly to just get a couple more millimetres.
Epic tip....This worked for me, but, use bigger washers when mounting to apply an even pressure and stop the smaller washers getting crushed into the now bigger hole. Also, watch out for bending the exhaust studs. Double nut the beauty. No leaks so far and its nice and strong :)

The stock everything is shoddily made from soft or brittle material right down to the washers. 😳
All studs and nuts from the unbranded "Happy Time" type of engines must be replaced to ensure they don't strip their own thread or the threads in the cast aluminum.
Double nutting is essential to put under the max load on the aluminium while torquing the top nut separately and a lot tighter. Use two wrenches.

Post #14

Last edited:
I used those long coupler nuts and better studs for my exhaust. not exactly the same as 2 nuts, but they do grab 3x more threads than a stock nut and haven't loosened up any time I put'em on. but 2 nuts is cheaper and very good to stop loosening up

Yes double nut, even three (if you have the space). Just got to be careful not to strip the threads while both nuts counter each other tightly or getting them off will be a royal pain in the sausage. This doesn't count just for engines neither it could be anything mechanical.
I have covered about 80 miles so far with a 16:1 ratio (I know I'm the devil) :eek: and have had not one leak.
So far so good.

Storm

A heating torch is good way, but leave it on your bike so you can turn the pedal you make got bend it to far to hit the right side pedal.

But generally is what you do on installation is losen your motor mounts get a screw driver jam it between the pedal and the cover go back and forth tighten up the mounts, you might half to balance out far right then rear left just to balance space. Next remove the screw driver back pedal make sure you have enough clearance should have 1/4" which is plenty.

Back