Pedal delete “legality”

It's not.
Shift kits rock!

Yes ;-}

2_GT2-GT5-2sRight1280.jpg

2_Emerald2R-1280.jpg

You will never get enough gear reduction your way.

Those are pretty impressive!! Tell me what kind of rear hub and rim are you using on the rear of the silver one (2 stroke) or maybe are they the same?

Last edited:
If the sprockets on the BB are 52T and 26T, or 60T and 30T, then the reduction when using the 22T sprocket (the middle gear of the cassette) will be the same as the usual 44T from the kit.

Using the BB to transfer engine power without any jackshaft is impractical, because of the engine's output sprocket cover, not because of gear reduction!

Using the BB to transfer engine power without any jackshaft is impractical,
Perhaps, but don't forget what this age old topic that refuses to die is about, running the engine backwards.

Tell me what kind of rear hub and rim are you using on the rear of the silver one (2 stroke) or maybe are they the same?
This Bike http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=964
I used parts from a Fito Modina on both, I just changed the hub to an internal shifter on the green one.

Just use a SickBikeParts.com shift kit and forget the backward engine bud, you will be happier with the result ;-}

don't forget what this age old topic that refuses to die is about, running the engine backwards
It isn't though. That was just my (poor) suggestion.
The OP asked for ideas about how to attach the engine directly to a (pedal deleted) BB using a single short chain.
He never said which side of the BB, and he never asked about the SBP Shift Kit.

If the engine is kept the right way up it could be tipped back so the cylinder is vertical and it could drive the left side of the BB directly from the output sprocket using a single short chain.
That also wouldn't fit in most frames.
But at least it's on topic! :eek:

Well, when I built my GT bike I was planning on upgrading to a shift kit in the future to be able to hit the hills around here better but then I decided to put a 4 peddle reed valve on it instead.

The OP asked for ideas about how to attach the engine directly to a (pedal deleted) BB using a single short chain.
He never said which side of the BB, and he never asked about the SBP Shift Kit.
How is this guy planing to start the bike with no pedals?

I'm not saying that anyone has room in the frame! I would expect it to only work in huge old road frames or maybe a very large cruiser. The angle of the chain from the engine is the big problem.

I am considering an inverted engine with reversed rotation myself, but under an inverted bmx frame, and directly to the rear sprocket, not driving the BB.
Those 50cc pocket bike motors probably accept that auto clutch gear mech that reverses the direction, and it fits in a BMX bike.

Running and jumping.
I just can't see why anyone would intentionally nutter a bicycle so it can't be pedaled, really dumb if you are putting a 2-stroke on it.
The cops will notice.
And that 'Run and Jump On' bump start will get real old by the second time the engine don't want to start right up, let alone dealing with a real problem, the kind that wears you out pedaling ;-}

Back