pedals

R

ren

Are the pedals on my 2007 24" Whizzer 1/2" or 9/16" and will any bike pedal the right size work.

Thanks

They should be 9/16", as the pedals on my 2005 NE% are 9/16". The bike should accept any 9/16" pedals. I fittted a set of Union retro-styled bow pedals to mine.

I might dig out a set of clipless and see if I can get a few extra MPH out of it (just kiddinng):eek:

Whizzer Pedals

Hi Whizzer Pedals are 1/2 inch, almost all one-piece cranks are 1/2. I have used these cranks on other projects, and have sold quite a few 1/2 inch is the size.

The wrench is 15mm, is that where you are getting your 9/16?.

Mike

Hi Whizzer Pedals are 1/2 inch, almost all one-piece cranks are 1/2. I have used these cranks on other projects, and have sold quite a few 1/2 inch is the size.

The wrench is 15mm, is that where you are getting your 9/16?.

Mike

Mike, thank you for correcting my mistake. With all the vintage bicycles I've restored, I should know that. You're right, 9/16" was the size of the wrench I was using (as I don't have metric crescent wrenches). Ren, my apologies for giving you some bum information. I hope you didn't run out and get 9/16" pedals!

Thanks guys, 1/2" it is. Haven't bought any yet. Where is a good online place to look at different old school styles.

Thanks

I'll check those places out, thanks again for your help. When I get done with mods I'll post some pics. Can I do that here or should I do that in the picture gallery?

Back