Peddling at stop light. Bad idea?

myjudochoprules

Local time
4:05 AM
At about 12 miles into my trip I come to a stop light. To get going I always have to pedal the bike to get going as the motor chugs along. The pedaling gets it going enough to move the bike under its own power, but it never seems to regain full power. Does pedaling contribute to this "chugging". FYI I hit a gradual hill just after the stop light and I'm at 5600' elevation...should I have my mechanic do any adjustments for altitude?

Your pedaling to get going (something I do also) has no effect on the engine except to help it.
You can adjust the carb but do you live at 5600' - that would be the issue to me.

do you guys know what are the proper adjustments for the carb on wc-1? I live in south Florida so my sea level is pretty low. let me know your thought

Whizzers are not likely to accept a "shift kit", as they are belt drive and already have the necessary ratios to work well.

BTW, if I had to pedal my Whizzer to get going I would stop riding it. Whizzer should easily leave a stop sign under its own power.

Have fun,

Back