Nahom

Local time
10:41 PM
Hi all
I am new to all of this but does anyone know anyone in the West Midlands- any motorbike dealer or private person who can fix mine?- I'd really be so grateful. Also any in Oxfordshire?
I am told I have a flooded engine because I forgot to use the choke.

Thanks,

Nahom

If its just flooded take out the spark plug leave the clutch out and pedal around for a while until fuel stops shooting out , the most common reason I've come across for major flooding is leaving the fuel tap on.

If its just flooded take out the spark plug leave the clutch out and pedal around for a while until fuel stops shooting out , the most common reason I've come across for major flooding is leaving the fuel tap on.

Hi where is the spark plug please?

Also what do I do if it's not a flooded engine? A guy who looked at it said it was a flooded engine. I really don't know anything about these things which was why I needed someone who did know about these like some kind of motorbike mechanic or someone who makes these or a private seller whose owned one of these. I really don't know where to go. I was mugged 400 quid for one of these and the least that can be done is get it working and at least understand how it works.
Can someone please help my situation?
Pleaaaaase? I don't know who to go to... these aren't common.

P.S Is there somewhere I can get a manual for one of these things? I know there's an assembly kit which comes with a guide to making these please could someone tell me where to find some kind of manual?

its just a basic 2 stroke engine , the spark plug is the thing on the top of the engine with a wire coming off it , the manual is this forum look around read things etc.

Is this the spark plug? How do I remove it? Spanner? Also I just cycle without turning engine on? Just pedal. How do I know when it's unflooded?
How do I prevent flooding from happening?
The guy said I screwed it up because I didn't put the choke up in the morning when I started it and kept trying to start it without doing that again and again. Is this a cause for flooding?
How exactly am I supposed to start the bike properly?
20160924_003057.jpg

its just a basic 2 stroke engine , the spark plug is the thing on the top of the engine with a wire coming off it , the manual is this forum look around read things etc.

Also what do I actually do with the choke I don't actually get what it's for. The guy said the choke is what I'm pointing at. Is its normal state down when I'm riding ?
But in the morning up to get it started. And then down again once Ive got it started?
20160924_003857.jpg

yes thats the sparkplug can use a ratchet or a spanner , the choke i would only use if very cold but your right down is off up is on , some engines need choke some dont i dunno but the normal procedure is pedal up to about 8mph and pop the clutch can also raise the back wheel and use pedal as a kickstart.

some carbs might be different but if you remove the red cover you can see if up is choke on , it might be opposite on your carb?

yes thats the sparkplug can use a ratchet or a spanner , the choke i would only use if very cold but your right down is off up is on , some engines need choke some dont i dunno but the normal procedure is pedal up to about 8mph and pop the clutch can also raise the back wheel and use pedal as a kickstart.

some carbs might be different but if you remove the red cover you can see if up is choke on , it might be opposite on your carb?

When I take out the spark plug ( and let it hang presumably) and then pedal where does the fuel actually go? Flows out from the hole where the plug was connected to?

If I remove the carb how would I tell what up and down means?

It was working perfectly when he showed me and I used it in front of him fine as well and then next day it just stopped when apparently I started it wrong- how likely is it that there's not something actually wrong with the engine itself?

Thanks

could well be something else wrong with it but yeah the fuel will fly out the hole ,put a rag on top cycle it round with clutch out and see if it gets soaked with fuel , if you remove the red cover there is a little metal disc with a hole in it when the choke is on that disc will block a bigger hole when off you will see the bigger hole.

but you need to look around the forum and read all, of the questions you have were most likely asked before use the search at the top

If you really just want someone to fix it bring it to a small engine repair shop I.e lawnmowers strimmers etc. Or else to a motorcycle shop most likely they will charge more in the bike shop tho

Last edited:
The nut is too far in close the engine :(
Even my thin spanner won't work!

Back