Perfect bike that will fit: Flying Horse Bullet Train Electric Start Engine

How about this guy! 102 mph peddling!
He has front brakes!

Ya I get that, but for someone that just takes it down the road a mile to the grocery store and doesn't have the cash for the hardware, practicing safe driving is okay. I mean if you have the cash I would advise getting better brakes over a compression head or expansion chamber or what not. Safety is more important, but I've seen some dudes in Cuba that literally bolted weed whacker engine directly to the rear tire and used their feet or a piece of wood on a hinge as brakes. Not that I would recommend it, but you do what you gotta do ya know.
Well hit the scrap yard up or look on the local Craigslist for a cheap bike, I see 5 dollar bikes all the time, in s**tty condition but often have brakes on them that could be used, even ask a friend to spare some parts.

I understand you are only thinking you'll need to go a mile here or there but that's a 2 mile trip total, and funny enough how most accidents happen within a mile or 2 of your home. You will eventually go farther than a mile from your home and you will eventually end up in a position where you'll need to stop faster than normal, no matter how cautious you are there will always be a hundred people not being cautious enough, and it's only time the stands between you and them meeting.

And of course you have the foggiest clue when your brakes will give out, it's a total inevitable fact that one day they won't work, as with all things mechanical. If you are a block from home and there's no traffic when they fail then great! If you're gliding down a hill at a good pace and it's a red-light with heavy cross traffic, well that's not so great..

Kinda like having the backup string on a parachute, it's just a good idea...

Err... Well I don't see myself or anyone I know pedaling a bike 45mph and sustaining it for a couple miles....

I do know the people who can use real brakes though...

Remember reading about a guy who was talking about his coaster getting so hot it was boiling the paint off his hub. Not sure if the integrity of the hub is messed with but that's pretty hot, may even boil the grease out of the hub if it's not high temp.

Other disadvantage is that normally a coaster is not capable of being used to slow the bike if you are pedaling forward, it's just how it works, but with a motor that isn't true, you can still be driving forward while using the brakes, even if by accident it could become damaged from simply too much torque. Not to mention if for whatever reason the pedal chain snaps you have no brakes at all, with a caliper brake you will at least have the option to stop in that event.
Shri

Ya I get that, it's better to have front brakes, but my grubee got along fine for a few months without them. I actually only had the coaster brake it came with on the cb110, I'm just saying that if your careful your can still get around. You should probably look to upgrade but if you don't have the money it's still usable with a coaster brake. They still stop. By the time you found a pair of caliper brakes for free or cheap your brake shoes will still be in operable condition. And with a street legal 50cc grubee your not going that fast anyway.

Tot
If you knew what you doing you would know that
NO MOTORIZED BIKE IS SAFE WITH JUST A COASTER BRAKE, EVER!

If you feel you are safe because you 'know what your doing', I highly recommend you double up medical coverage and body armor because it's not a matter of IF you will wreck because of not enough brake, it's just a matter of WHEN.

There is no such thing as too much brake, only not enough, and just a coaster brake is not enough.
weight transfers to your front wheel so I agree disc are the way to go and cheap now. NOT ONE BACK BRAKE on the market WILL STOP YOU FAST ENOUGH YOU NEED BOTH. All about weight weight transfer

Last edited:
Shri

Ya I get that, it's better to have front brakes, but my grubee got along fine for a few months without them. I actually only had the coaster brake it came with on the cb110, I'm just saying that if your careful your can still get around. You should probably look to upgrade but if you don't have the money it's still usable with a coaster brake. They still stop. By the time you found a pair of caliper brakes for free or cheap your brake shoes will still be in operable condition. And with a street legal 50cc grubee your not going that fast anyway.

I have a double fractured pelvis that is still giving me problems. I was going 10 mph they did a 5 mph rolling stop.that doesn't include my back, shoulder,knee,multiple ribs, and wrist. Had I had a coaster only the negligent idiot would have ran over me. With 15+years city cycling exp. Take it from me. GET SOME REAL BRAKES. You want all the brake power you can get. With or without an engine you WILL get smoked.

I have a double fractured pelvis that is still giving me problems. I was going 10 mph they did a 5 mph rolling stop.that doesn't include my back, shoulder,knee,multiple ribs, and wrist. Had I had a coaster only the negligent idiot would have ran over me. With 15+years city cycling exp. Take it from me. GET SOME REAL BRAKES. You want all the brake power you can get. With or without an engine you WILL get smoked.
It's like buying a parachute you know won't be big enough, only something an idiot would do consciously.

Most every bike has a hole in the fork at the top to mount a fender, you can mount a NEW $15 wallyworld C-brake there.

Not the best, but best is not the point, it is just SOMETHING cheap that will help stop you better than just a coaster brake and THAT my friends is what is important no matter how slow you ride.

The faster you can go, the better the brakes you need, heck most everything I build these days can do ~40+mph, even with only a 49cc engine.
At those speeds they all get at least a pair of V-brakes, but most sport dual disc brakes these days as they are cheap if you buy a bike with them already on the bike.

In closing let me just say 'it hurts to be wrong' about brakes.

idk what size the tube mounts on the engine are, and what size the down tube is on this, but if it fits, it seems like it would be pretty cool. id call and ask bikeberry the diameter of the down tubes on this bike,

http://www.bikeberry.com/26-micargi-mens-pantera.html

and the diameter of the tube mounts on the bullet train engine.
looks like enough space for a jackshaft kit, so if you wanted later on you could add that,

http://sickbikeparts.com/shift-kit-and-all-drive-products/

and then swap out the tire for one with a geared hub,

https://www.amazon.com/Weinmann-Shimano-Nexus-3-Speed-Shifter/dp/B00BG09X56

and you got yourself a nice bike right there. and its got an alternator from what i understand, so you can slap a light on it, (dont know the voltage, cant provide info on which light to use) hook it up to the wiring and you got yourself a multi speed electric start bicycle. put a 10mm mirror adapter on it so you can see the a$$hole$ that keep trying to cut you off
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Motorcycle-Aluminum-Handlebar-Mirror/dp/B00AA7OFLI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484855712&sr=8-1&keywords=mirror+7/8+motorcycle

a rear light that no one can say they didnt see unless they had blinding cataracts, see what type of battery it runs on, and get a dc-dc converter to run it off the alternator. mine is different looking but uses two triple a batteries, so if thats the case and their running in series, it should be around 3 volts ish to run the rear light.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/AVANTEK-Remot...Light-and-Laser-Beam-/332069601856?nav=SEARCH

good luck, ive been waiting to see someones build and then see how it turns out. i have a separate thread about how to get replacement parts if the engine has any issues and its no longer covered under warante
I bought one used it three months and the starter went out I got a new starter and then the carb acting up and I got a pin hole in the spark in the head next to the spark plug threads now it don't run right no power very hard to start.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I bought one used it three months and the starter went out I got a new starter and then the carb acting up and I got a pin hole in the spark in the head next to the spark plug threads now it don't run right no power very hard to start.
Thank you for helping us understand these things just a little bit more, which starter went? The electric or pull?

Thank you for helping us understand these things just a little bit more, which starter went? The electric or pull?
For mine, both starters failed.

The Pantera is a fine fit for a Zeda, it fits perfect.

70ccNewRightEngine[1].jpg

70ccL[1].jpg

Too bad the engine starters suck so bad it's useless.

Back