Performance Carburetor Options

omg, please don't make me read all of this one :eek:

are we cool in here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was (am?) getting worried. My tendency to offend people has caused me to become socially phobic to no small degree. Is the answer on *my* part - "avoid contact with others as much as possible" - the *only* answer? (even here?)

With all due respect to the moderators and their workload here, don't mind them when they ask for CliffsNotes... LOL. He has too much to read already.

I, on the other hand, am like a SPONGE and will read anything and everything you care to post, sir.

Please, stick around. :)~

ok? ok! :)

:cool:

:cool:Prism, stick around.

I've got a thick screen.

In real life, I'm like you. I tend to upset people, especially my boss and fellow workers.

Just TRY to be nice.

Myron

I was (am?) getting worried. My tendency to offend people has caused me to become socially phobic to no small degree. Is the answer on *my* part - "avoid contact with others as much as possible" - the *only* answer? (even here?)

Hey Prism! Hang in there.
I for one would not want you to quit posting. I find your posts to be more insightful than most. Just ignore those who don't appreciate your input.

man! you guys went off! I am just now reading all of this...so what do you guys think about the 18mm replacements for crf 50's on ebay, and a manifold with a flange that would accept that carb? also the mikuni 18mm seems to be a direct fit...is that the case?

Mikuni 20mm

I was having trouble getting the Lifan on my trike to idle. It wanted to idle at about 1360. The CVT wants to engage at about 1260. Result - stalling. I messed with it for a couple of weeks, but couldn't get it to idle well. I re-read this thread, and decided to try for a more tunable carb. I bought a 20mm Mikuni from dratv. I installed it this evening. I figured that I would have to do a bit of adjusting to get it set right.
It sputtered a couple of times before it cranked up (sort of like an almost drowned person getting their first good breaths). When I got it started, I adjusted the idle down. I got it to idle smoothly at 1060.:D It was late, but I wanted to check out the focus of my lights too, so I took it for a short ride. It was too dark to see the tach or speedo very well, but my impression was that acceleration is a lot smoother, and the bike is quieter. Like the engine isn't having to work as hard. I don't know how that would be, but it's the impression I got. I'll write a bit more after I get some miles on this set-up.

carb?

question: what size is that LiFan engine? (i.e. nominal displacement)

I'm presuming it's a four-stroke. Correct?

Also, how does it respond to abrupt throttle opening? Does it bog, or does it accelerate 'smoothly'?

I'm trying to find out just how critical the sizing is on these things.

My stock answer: Anything over 50cc would violate the limitations placed on Motor Assisted Bicycles.:cool: Yes, it is a 4-stroke. It responds quickly when I squeeze the throttle. The digital speedo goes: 0....8....21....23....28.... about as quick as you read those numbers.

Back