Performance engine problems

Stretchcruise666

Local time
1:15 PM
So I got a nice performance engine from another local enthusiast and I got it in the bike and well it started and ran bit when I got on it it had no balls and died. Then I got off it started again and it started I ler it run a bit then tried to ride and it did the same. Now it won't start at all I was thinking its an issue with the pull start I put on. And I'm getting spark. Running the same premix 94 octane 40:1 I always run and.,. Nothing. Now I seen the engine e running so I know it runs. But I just can't figure out what the issue is I'm going to post up some pictures and maybe somebody could leave me in the right direction now bear in mind the engine is a CDH pk80 that's been modified the guy ported and polished everything and put this crazy car on there that has a dedicated plate and read valve so please if anybody can leave me in the right direction that would be great if not I definitely wouldn't mind selling this bike for the right price in fact I was trying to sell this bike before the fact but then I bought the engine and figured it might be good cuz I don't know why the 100 on it that had an air leak around the exhaust so I've been using my four-stroke a lot more cuz it's a lot more reliable. So that being said I'd be into either getting this thing running trading it for 4-stroke or selling it to somebody who wants a project but really I'd like to get it up and running so I can ride it because it's the first gas frame bike I built not the first build I did but it has a special place for me so thank you in advance for any help. also as an afterthought I did block off the intake for the boost bottle or nitrous with a piece of gas line with automotive goop with a threaded bolt at the end

IMG_20220830_211520018.jpg
IMG_20220830_211559693.jpg
IMG_20220826_073320621.jpg
IMG_20220826_073314319.jpg
IMG_20220825_164724263~2.jpg
IMG_20220825_152816603.jpg

I have and we sat together scratching our heads.
It's a mystery. The only thing I can think of is the actual magnet did come loose and I had to refit the woodruff key but it's working fine now

I doesn't like the smell of all those shoes!
But seriously, loose the pull start, there just isn't enough room on the end of the crank for the mag and the starter bell. The nut loosens off after a couple miles and it's a constant adjusting the mag.

I've never had that problem with my yd100 but I will give it a try and report back. And hey those shoes smell great! 👍

Did you put the magnet on the right timing position 1 o’clock .I seen it on backwards it will still show spark on testing but at wrong time then no start.

The magnet can be two ways but one is wrong . Look at magnet the keyway slot toward the top the slot is either 11 o clock or 1 o clock . You want 1 o clock then slide on that way matching the key way slot. Then you’ll be good.

Back