Performance exhaust, photos please

W

Wrench66

I searched thru most all the pages of archives and couldn't find one picture of a trick pipe or expansion chamber, did I miss it? Replacing the straight pipe into a muffler stock set up with a proper chamber pipe will definately help you guys looking for more speed and pulling power. I am piecing together a want list for my first biuld and near the top is a expansion chamber of one type or another. Up over the top of the cyl head and through the frame or some sort of down pipe under the crank set like an old Elsinore 125.
Show me the pics........or will mine be the first? hehe

cheers,
Ray

look at the bottom of THIS page to see the "similar threads" section...start in one of those existing topics instead of starting a new one...no pics?...maybe yours will be the first ones, then.

again, use one of the already active expansion pipe topics.

expansion chamber photo

hi all first post heres my expansion chamber photo that ive just finished ,havent tried it yet coz the coil died and while i was waiting for that to come i thought i would make a chamber, im using the standard exhaust muffler because its quiet,also in the photo i made a chain guide from teflon that had a groove cut in it , and it is much smoother and quieter than the roller because the radius is much greater than the roller and being teflon there almost no drag:)

Attachments

• P9110175.jpg
    P9110175.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 695
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice mods!...Can't wait until you get your coil to see how you think your chamber works!

Andrew

OOPS....Look at the thread titled "pedals of Death"....First poster has a nice chamber...Also, there was a fella from England I think (maybe Phil Cred?) that has a nice chamber on his bike too....

Andrew

Here is a pic of my Grubee Rat expansion chamber. It came from SpookyTooth a few years ago. It was 1 of 10 that Roland was able to get. I have been in contact with the grubee about getting more and these seem to be no longer in production. At least I have not been able to find more!

It gives decent midrange power increase, and when my Dax 70 finally gets done breaking in I am hoping it will find its high end power band like it did on my first bike which has a Kings Motor 80cc.(picture) On the kings I lost 5 MPH by taking this pipe off in place of the stock pipe.

Attachments

• DSC00877cropped.jpg
    DSC00877cropped.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
man drimpact that pipe is alsome y dont the sell them anymore ???????????

I wish I knew! I would have bought 6 more if I could have. This thing is awesome for sure.

On my way back from lunch today I got the first taste of the second powerband. I was cruising at 33 MPH when all of a sudden the motor seemed to spring to life and I looked down to see my speedo reading 37.5. I quickly backed it down, but oh what a rush!:D:D

Wow...I've never seen that on the Grubee site.....Hmmmmm I'll have to look again....What is the cost and who sells them?.....I spoke with duane awhile back and he said he had some pipes coming but that has been a long time ago....

Andrew

Back