Performance Exhaust

haha, thanks for laughing at me everyone for my last post. but i found a better solution for increasing performance without much metal work.

check this out: http://thatsdax.com/BICYCLE_ENGINE_KIT_TIPS.html

i havent tried this idea yet because im gonna build my own custom expansion chamber and custom exhaust and i dont wana have the stock muffler, i wana transform any stock stuff on my motor so that its my own custom ride!

check out that site, not a bad idea.

jon

exhaust

you need an expansion chamber on a 2 stroke, silencer mods dont do anything.

expansion chambers are cool and all but i dont have the money, time, or experience to fabricate one...so instead i just take the bottom section of the muffler off and take it down, it sounds like shooting a full auto 22 calibur rifle, lol. taking the buttom muffler piece makes a dramatic difference, it gives better tork and its great when im climbin' steep dirt hills.

this is just my opinion, jon

Back Pressure

Seems part of speed formula and efficiency. I think if back pressure is eliminated, the engine can run too hot or lose pull?

Frankly, I prefer quiet anyway, as I am often cruising in residential areas.

Trying to quiet my Tanaka and will post separate results, if it is simple, small and works.

i like the low profile and quietness too when cruisin down town with an illegal 70cc motorbike (if it was inspected not as a 50cc) but its nice to have that intimidating sound when your doing the stoplight drags. i got some money in my pocket anyway so i figure ill just buy an expansion chamber pipe and modify it to fit my bike, looks are all i need. :D :D

jon

My attempt to quiet the

T-3300 failed, using copper pipe. It did nothing to quell fan and intake noise. All in all, motor with stock muffler is quiet enough, just close to my ear.

Stealth is best...

copper pipe!?!?!? copper conducts heat at a quick rate. worst idea ive heard in a long tim...

im gonna buy an expansion chamber pipe on ebay and have my friend fabricate it to my bike with an adjustable pipe :D

jon

Copper is not

that bad.

I physically clamped it to the exhaust pipe and soldered the rest. It really did not get that hot, as the air and original muffler acted as an efficient heat sink. You could touch it not long after motor shut.

See two pics. I removed explanation as it was a bust, but since you commented... 2 styles

667_PipeFin1_2.jpg

667_T33PipeBlk_2.jpg

HI All,

I've done some reading on the benefits and the design of a proper tuned pipe but my question is how would a back yard mechanic such as myself roll / bend? the sheet metal needed to fab up a tuned pipe (actually probably somewhat thicker than sheet metal since I wouldn't want it to just crumple up like a tin can if I accidentally tapped it against something) .

Welding and cutting the pieces would not be a problem for me to do and I could make templates for the sheets of steel by mocking up the proper design using construction paper and tape).

I am assuming that specialized dies and presses would be the best to make the pieces but what process can be used by the person using average tools
(maybe some body working tools?)

Thanks
Andrew

Back