Performance Exhaust

S

StanJo

Is there any type of performance exhaust for engines ranging from 26cc to 80cc. I want my bike to have that performance sound if you guys no what i mean.

You will go farther faster if it is done quietly. Stealth is where it is at. :)

LOUD IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was that some kind of quote? anyway, no, the best exhaust is loud because it doesnt have all that packing to quiet it and that backs up the engine. LOUD IS BETTER!!!!! my opinion, loud sounds better and tells people that there is power somewhere in that dinky moped engine but quiet reminds people of the vespa :eek: and vespas are GAY!

haha...whatever

I just rode mine this morning without the muffler (not by choice ;) ) and it was a loud, obnoxious, gutless POS!

Re: LOUD IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herrmanator8 said:
was that some kind of quote? anyway, no, the best exhaust is loud because it doesnt have all that packing to quiet it and that backs up the engine. LOUD IS BETTER!!!!! my opinion, loud sounds better and tells people that there is power somewhere in that dinky moped engine but quiet reminds people of the vespa :eek: and vespas are g*y!

haha...whatever

Basically hes saying you dont want any cops getting too many complaints about your engine noise.

Mr. Garcia,
I want to ride the San Gabriel River and LA River bike paths at 5:00am. :cool:
No sea birds should be disturb, I want a good look at them. No residential areas should know I have passed through. Rail trails might be an option at some date. Noise and vibration are tiring after an hour of exposure. One can run longer if the ride is smooth 'n quiet.
On the road I wish to offer the lycra set no offence. I may end up running with them for days if I ride the coast (Hwy 1).
My kit will be here Tuesday. :)

Running a loud pipe is like putting a siren on the bike. Here I am, look at me, pull me over for a chat. :D

Well, I've got to pipe in on this one. I'm torn between two schools of thought, and I'm just giving my 2¢. When I first built my bike, I ran it the way it should be, with all the muffler fastened together. Then one day I noticed a sudden surge in power, with a much louder motor. I looked down and noticed my muffler was coming apart! The bottom cylinder had come apart because the long bolt had vibrated loose. Once the muffler was cool, I removed then entire bottom outer cylinder and rode around with it like it was. I LOVED it!! Sure, it was much louder, but the extra boost in power was like a drug. I've never looked back, and I've never once had a complaint or pull-over. Of course, there are other factors to consider, such as: I don't ride nearly as much as most of the guys on here, I don't ride in the wee hours of the morning or after 9 p.m., and the cops in my locale may be more tolerant to me, especially if I don't ride stupid. If I'm concerned about the neighbors, I'll kill the motor and just pedal in. Also, my spark plug is brown and dry, and my motor is still running clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: LOUD IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herrmanator8 said:
was that some kind of quote? anyway, no, the best exhaust is loud because it doesnt have all that packing to quiet it and that backs up the engine. LOUD IS BETTER!!!!! my opinion, loud sounds better and tells people that there is power somewhere in that dinky moped engine but quiet reminds people of the vespa :eek: and vespas are g*y!

haha...whatever

I bet your mother rides a Hardley Ableson......

Barret said:
Sure, it was much louder, but the extra boost in power was like a drug. I've never looked back

I gota go with Barret on this one.

I blew an exhaust gasket last weekend and it was bad but good :D

I got the rush also but did not go as far as taking the botom off instead I cut the internal pipe off to about half an inch.

It had a similar power boost but was not that much louder especially mid to top end.

I also opened up the airway on the carby to allow for the extra flow :)

Back