Performance heads

gary55

Local time
6:05 AM
66 cc engine heads left to right. Stock straight plug head = 10.1cc's. Stock slant plug head = 6cc's. Pancake performance head = 7.9cc's. Round finned performance head = 8cc's. Flat fined performance head = 8cc's. While these performance heads are far better made than a stock head, they won't increase compression unless you are replacing a straight plug head. I am not sure how the squish band effects pre ignition if at all. If it has no effect than there should be no worry of early wrist pin or chrome bore lining failures.

where can the 8cc heads be bought?
pancake and flat finned head from kings. The flat finned head (far right) is off a GT 80 engine from kings, but they sell them separately. The round finned head was from mzmiamiparts out of Florida.

this is fortunate for me because I own a Suzuki AX100 and they sell parts for it. No parts for it are available down here and the main source for its parts in England has a problem using my debit card. So thanks.
It also brings back memories of the MZ I used to own when I lived in Dallas. It was crummy but free so I rode it till it self destructed the crank.

I am looking at the Chinese knockoff of the RSE, or at least very similar looking design.
I'm not a fan of buying knockoff stuff but money to get this engine running has been spent on too many lovely forks and awesome brakes (I just can't help myself!! Haha), and with free shipping from China it's just a lot more affordable in the UK. So I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this one or has tried it. o_O
I didn't want to start a new thread for this question.
If I don't get replies I'll probably just order one anyway. :)

Last edited:
I believe the mzpartsmiami rse type reed is Cuban made, not Chinese. It's not a direct knockoff of the RSE, it's just similar conceptually. there's not much you can do with a bolt on externally mounted low profile billet reed valve

The Chinese knockoff of the (mzpartsmiami) RSE head does not duplicate the squish area very well, and will not work as well.
I have both. It is possible to recut the squish area. The Chinese knockoff of the RSE head is also lighter and slightly less fin area. I don't think that would make much difference in my climate, but maybe in Miami or Arizona?

Back