Performance loss .... HELP !!!

benlol635

Local time
4:16 PM
view
So it all started when a screw for my exhaust broke inside the cylinder I tried to remove it every way possible, sadly it didn't work. I then got a replacement one online, when installing it I tightened it to much to the point that the cylinder head cracked. Unaware I tried to ride it and ended up ruining my piston, so I ordered that too in the process of doing that I also broke my carburetor. Don't ask how but I then once again went online and bought one of those "fancy" racing carbs in hope it would add to my performance. While waiting on parts i made my own poo poo pipe from the original exhaust and added some saddle bags on it and for some reason it now can only reach 20-21 Mph instead of 30. So if anyone understood any of that can you help me or guide me to what is taking away my top speed

Last edited:
What kind of carb did you order? Have you tried jetting your carb, it could be running to rich or too lean.. I had a bike where it was bogging down at full throttle, and only had a top speed of about 24ish, when I jetted the carb, along with some other mods, I had it topping out at 40.

What kind of carb did you order? Have you tried jetting your carb, it could be running to rich or too lean.. I had a bike where it was bogging down at full throttle, and only had a top speed of about 24ish, when I jetted the carb, along with some other mods, I had it topping out at 40.
I used the jet that the original carb came with I tried the one they gave me but there was to much fuel than air I'll see if I can find the link to the one I bought and send it

I used the jet that the original carb came with I tried the one they gave me but there was to much fuel than air I'll see if I can find the link to the one I bought and send it
Have you tried using the stock pipe with the new carb? It's usually better to try one mod at a time, so you know what works.

You might be losing performance with your new exhaust, it might not be the carburetor, either try putting on the stock carb or stock exhaust and see how it runs with each mod.

Back