petcock and fuel leak

To stop it from leaking, how about not filling it to the brim ?
Mine never leaks that way.

As for the fuel tap, replace with brass. Make sure the thread part on the brass is tapered, so it tightens. Add some thread tape or hard setting sealant on the brass thread.

Attachments

• tn_BRASS FUEL TAP.jpg
    tn_BRASS FUEL TAP.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 241
I always use granville petro patch to seal the threads on the fuel tap. I would recommend it to anyone. Not sure if it's available in the US.

BSA

My tank leaked where the petcock tube was welded to the tank, I had to use some JB Weld to fix it, it worked great. I also used some teflon tape on the threads of the petcock. This is all after I thought it was just my petcock wasn't tight enough, don't over tighten them cause they break very easy.

So when I pick up some teflon tape, I should wrap the tape around the petcock threads, then screw it into the gastank

Yeah, but I think there are 2 types of Teflon tape, check for oil resistance, somewhere I read it's yellow and white is for normal use.
That's why I changed to brass with tapered thread and hard settinmg sealant on thread, cost a bit, but it's choice.

I prefer fuel resistant teflon paste. It's much easier to use and seals better than tape, IMHO. It's what we use in the shop for assembling the barbs to our valves.

for my peacock i used plumbers tape around the thread then some heat proof sealant on the thread as well so it aint coming out and it aint leaking either.

for my peacock i used plumbers tape around the thread then some heat proof sealant on the thread as well so it aint coming out and it aint leaking either.

I don't know what to say...........have you seen a doctor? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. I assume you mean the fuel comes out as required, and the petcock isn't.

Back