Petcock issues

Pro-Tip #2 ... Conduit mounting straps at the local Home Depot work great for the top mount... they're deeper than the standard mounting kit bracket so they can be shaped to fit nicely up inside the tank's center trench.

halex-conduit-fittings-26122-64_300.jpg

Likely metric threads. Take the tank to an auto parts store and see if they can match the threads.
My question- would that thread be a M16x 1.5? I am not much of a metric dude. 3 HDs and not many metric parts about.

Pro-Tip #2 ... Conduit mounting straps at the local Home Depot work great for the top mount... they're deeper than the standard mounting kit bracket so they can be shaped to fit nicely up inside the tank's center trench.

halex-conduit-fittings-26122-64_300.jpg
Bungie cords workd to. Get a flat. Take bungee cord off and gas tank. Plus when you bolt gas tank to bike. It ratted the threaded screw connected to gas tank causing it to leak.
Bad thing about gas tank built in bikes. Gotta empty gas tank before putting bike upside down if need change rear tire because of flat.

Am I missing something here? The poster says the new tank came with "Male spout". That tank looks like the standard 4 liter tank with "female" (Internal threads) that uses the special male thread petcock that we all have used on that tank. No, the small tank version does not have the correct threads. This is the one I used:

Sick Bike parts has what appears to be the same one for $9.95 instead of the BB one for $16.95 on sale.
Yes we have a few left: https://sickbikeparts.com/valve-fuel/

Thanks!

Back