Phantom Ghost Kit

msiert

Local time
7:35 AM
htt

p://

Came as a kit which was completed in mid Oct and so far have logged close to 300 miles. Coldest ride so far was at 23 f. Added a rack, pannier, handle bar bag, Cateye speedo, tail light and a tach/hour meter. Also cut the hole in the 4G plastic cover....a big improvement in looks IMO!

Video to come shortly.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, just bought a 6v motorcycle horn for it and now I'm looking for a switch to operate it. Plan on tapping into the magneto wires that runs the light.

Here's a picture of the magneto.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 845
I would not have thought that color green would look good!Shows what I know, I really like it.
It is a very clean looking ride you have there.

Fly

Thank you all for the nice comments.

I have been working on wiring everything up and ran into a surprise yesterday when after the wiring was done and the bike was started to find that when ever I pushed the horn button the head light would go out.

Long story made short even though the magneto that came with the light package from Phantom Bikes is 12v it did not have enough amps to power the horn. I'm going to have to buy a battery. Going with a Phantom # APP-09BS12 at techbatterysolutions.com . It's diam. L 4.5", W 2.28", H 3.5" and weighs 1.2 lbs.

I meet another motorized bicycle owner that has a Phantom bike in MD here on the forum (jhammondcpa's) and we both have been working on horn installs. We both came to the same conclusion and will be buying the battery. Jimmy found the battery after we both realize that was the only way to have a horn. Jimmy found it and thought it would work well. Will most likely mount it on top of the rack in a top rack bag.

While I was working on the wiring. I added wires for a rear tail light. I'm thinkng of going with a yellow tail light. I had seen some LED truck and trailer lighs on a display board in Napa and found one that I really liked. Think it's a trailer side marker and is about 1- 1/2" tall and 4.5" to 5" long.

Sorry for mis leading everyone but I really thought it would work.

Engine flywheel cover is off yet from the re-wiring in the picture below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 808
Last edited:
I like the star on the gas tank idea in fact I have been looking at WWII bikes and most had a big star and US ARMY on the tank. Maybe 5 little stars would look cool too. I have named the bike "The Green Hornet" and thought about putting that on it also....or just leave it as is?

Oh here is a picture of the 6v horn mounted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 781
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 749
Last edited:
Great ideas! The vinyl sign guys can make some really great pieces that you can install yourself quite easily. Let them know that the vinyl material may be in contact with fuel or just be extra careful fueling and wipe off quickly.

Back