Phantom "Style" Exhaust.

ImpulseRocket

Staff member
Local time
6:00 PM
I ran into this while browsing around looking at some other things to waste money on. It seems that bicycle-engines either had a bunch of requests, or the foresight, to bring out a line of exhausts based on the Phantom 85, but to fit the Zeda and other standard style exhaust flange pattern. This might be a nice option for people that want more exhaust flow without the noise.

The only thing I noticed on the website is that the Product Titles and Descriptions are swapped. The One that is titled to fit the Zeda motors says it only fits the Phantom, and vice versa, so you may want to contact them before ordering so you know which model to order. It also shows the same picture for both, which is the Phantom "Style" exhaust and not the actual phantom muffler.

Links to both. You can see the SKU for the two are different.

I ran into this while browsing around looking at some other things to waste money on. It seems that bicycle-engines either had a bunch of requests, or the foresight, to bring out a line of exhausts based on the Phantom 85, but to fit the Zeda and other standard style exhaust flange pattern. This might be a nice option for people that want more exhaust flow without the noise.

The only thing I noticed on the website is that the Product Titles and Descriptions are swapped. The One that is titled to fit the Zeda motors says it only fits the Phantom, and vice versa, so you may want to contact them before ordering so you know which model to order. It also shows the same picture for both, which is the Phantom "Style" exhaust and not the actual phantom muffler.

Links to both. You can see the SKU for the two are different.

That is a terrible "faux pas" on their part to mismark their advertisment so aggregiously, but I appreciate that they now offer this exhaust as a replacement for the Zeda motors...I will wait until they can get their :poop: together to mark things correctly so it can be ordered correctly...lol.

That is a terrible "faux pas" on their part to mismark their advertisment so aggregiously, but I appreciate that they now offer this exhaust as a replacement for the Zeda motors...I will wait until they can get their :poop: together to matk things correctly so it can be ordered correctly...lol.
This is also assuming they figured out how to weld them properly. I went through 3 exhausts under warranty on my Phantom. The first one had the flange so warped it was basically impossible to correct it so it would seal. The second one had a hole right at the flange, but at least they ground it flat... The third one lacked holes, but they didn't grind the flange and it was still warped a bit. Luckily it wasn't too bad and I used a belt sander to flatten it out. Then there are a couple of guys that reported welds breaking and replacing theirs as well. One member of the facebook group and I are in a contest to see how many exhausts we go thorugh. Currently we are both tied at 3.

I will really, really, wait until they can get their :poop: together then...lol....This is the first I have heard about flanges as well as welding on the Phantom exhausts...lol...Keep me posted on that...lol.

I will really, really, wait until they can get their :poop: together then...lol....This is the first I have heard about flanges as well as welding on the Phantom exhausts...lol...Keep me posted on that...lol.
I took a couple of pictures of my first one. Honestly they don't even really do it justice. It was warped in three different axis, including being twisted. I could have tried to belt sand it flat, but the flange would have been about 1/8thof an inch thick before it would actually be flat, and I just wouldn't trust that.

On the plus side, they never asked me to return the other 2 exhausts, so I do have them to mess around with lol.

I was looking at a PE175 expansion chamber today, and was thinking with a small amount of modification it work perfectly on a Phantom. It has a nice sloped divergent cone, a medium size belly and a short convergent cone. All you need is the flange off that can and part of the neck.

I was looking at a PE175 expansion chamber today, and was thinking with a small amount of modification it work perfectly on a Phantom. It has a nice sloped divergent cone, a medium size belly and a short convergent cone. All you need is the flange off that can and part of the neck.
Yeah, the real MZ65 chamber actually lines up extremely well with the phantom head pipe as well. I am debating if I want to run an expansion chamber on my Phantom honestly. I am thus far quite content with the level of power and torque this motor makes with the work I have done to it. I may just save the MZ pipe for the LD110 motor I have.. once I spend a very long time correcting all of its problems. Supposedly they are making an expansion chamber for the Phantom, so I may just wait for that to come out in the meantime.

On the plus side, they never asked me to return the other 2 exhausts, so I do have them to mess around with lol.
I just saw your pic you use in your profile as your avatar and it's absolutely scary how much you look like me!!!...Ya poor Bas***d...lol...lol. See my pic below for comparison...Scary...lol.

Ps...I used to have a pair of St. Bernards as well, just like the one in your pic...lol...Just don't tell me your dogs name is Brandy or Brutus...lol.

IMG_0352.jpg

Yeah, the real MZ65 chamber actually lines up extremely well with the phantom head pipe as well. I am debating if I want to run an expansion chamber on my Phantom honestly. I am thus far quite content with the level of power and torque this motor makes with the work I have done to it. I may just save the MZ pipe for the LD110 motor I have.. once I spend a very long time correcting all of its problems. Supposedly they are making an expansion chamber for the Phantom, so I may just wait for that to come out in the meantime.
Add a 4 stage header to the MZ65 and it changes it to a KS65. KS65 is way better. The guy that invented the mod, I watched him eat a train car full of coal, a few mining cars of iron ore and some nickel, and pooped out some impressive stainless steel. Then I watched him bare handed beat the ingots into bike frames. The stack of aluminum cans he had got so scared, they turned into CG engines. The KS65 is a great mod.

Looks a lot like a cr80 pipe, probably bigger though.

Back