Phantom85 Exhaust

CrispyLeaves98

Hey, I may be getting a phantom. I heard they fixed all the issues. Without access to a welder, but many expansion chambers and a saw, is there a materiel like a pipe I can buy that I can heat shrink or clamp down? I'm up to try anything new throw some ideas at me!

No brazing or welding.

Mossy

Hey, I may be getting a phantom. I heard they fixed all the issues. Without access to a welder, but many expansion chambers and a saw, is there a materiel like a pipe I can buy that I can heat shrink or clamp down? I'm up to try anything new throw some ideas at me!

No brazing or welding.
The issues haven't been fixed... The rod bearing is weak... There's a thread about it... Yup I spent more money the last few days are about it

CrispyLeaves98

The issues haven't been fixed... The rod bearing is weak... There's a thread about it... Yup I spent more money the last few days are about it
I got her on the way, can't I just put the top end on my yd100 to fix all those issues?

Triplehelix

Your Phantom 85 should come with a needle bearing on the wrist pin. Could you post a picture of that needle bearing? I am interested in retrofitting my P85. Thanks.

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Your Phantom 85 should come with a needle bearing on the wrist pin. Could you post a picture of that needle bearing? I am interested in retrofitting my P85. Thanks.
Its on the other "Phantom 85" thread...lol....I think there are 3 or 4 of these Phantom threads right now...lol.

From what I just read, doesn't look like the new needle bearing will retrofit the old 1st generation Phantom.

Zak

I moved this post to another thread.

terrhous

The brass-looking bushing installed on the PHANTOM 85 when it first hit the scene was the wrong bushing. This type of engine only uses a needle-bearing bushing. Bicycle-engine made a mistake, that needed to be corrected and the company fixed it.

Mossy

The brass-looking bushing installed on the PHANTOM 85 when it first hit the scene was the wrong bushing. This type of engine only uses a needle-bearing bushing. Bicycle-engine made a mistake, that needed to be corrected and the company fixed it.
They didn't fix it... Gen 3 mabe..

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
It was not bicycle-engine that fixed it since they are only a vendor, but actually the Phantom manufacturers themselves that have finally fixed it correctly this time, their first fix was with a different bushing then the first generation motors, that didn't work either, it is this newest generation motor that NOW has the proper fix with needle bearings.

Feel free terrhous to keep us updated on your progress with your Phantom 85 as you keep on riding it, the good, bad, or the ugly...lol.