Phantom85 Exhaust

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
10:18 AM
Hey, I may be getting a phantom. I heard they fixed all the issues. Without access to a welder, but many expansion chambers and a saw, is there a materiel like a pipe I can buy that I can heat shrink or clamp down? I'm up to try anything new throw some ideas at me!

No brazing or welding.

Hey, I may be getting a phantom. I heard they fixed all the issues. Without access to a welder, but many expansion chambers and a saw, is there a materiel like a pipe I can buy that I can heat shrink or clamp down? I'm up to try anything new throw some ideas at me!

No brazing or welding.
The issues haven't been fixed... The rod bearing is weak... There's a thread about it... Yup I spent more money the last few days are about it

Your Phantom 85 should come with a needle bearing on the wrist pin. Could you post a picture of that needle bearing? I am interested in retrofitting my P85. Thanks.

Your Phantom 85 should come with a needle bearing on the wrist pin. Could you post a picture of that needle bearing? I am interested in retrofitting my P85. Thanks.
Its on the other "Phantom 85" thread...lol....I think there are 3 or 4 of these Phantom threads right now...lol.

From what I just read, doesn't look like the new needle bearing will retrofit the old 1st generation Phantom.

I moved this post to another thread.

The brass-looking bushing installed on the PHANTOM 85 when it first hit the scene was the wrong bushing. This type of engine only uses a needle-bearing bushing. Bicycle-engine made a mistake, that needed to be corrected and the company fixed it.

The brass-looking bushing installed on the PHANTOM 85 when it first hit the scene was the wrong bushing. This type of engine only uses a needle-bearing bushing. Bicycle-engine made a mistake, that needed to be corrected and the company fixed it.
They didn't fix it... Gen 3 mabe..

It was not bicycle-engine that fixed it since they are only a vendor, but actually the Phantom manufacturers themselves that have finally fixed it correctly this time, their first fix was with a different bushing then the first generation motors, that didn't work either, it is this newest generation motor that NOW has the proper fix with needle bearings.

Feel free terrhous to keep us updated on your progress with your Phantom 85 as you keep on riding it, the good, bad, or the ugly...lol.

Back