Phantom85 falters at high rpms

Technically NO, your not...You are running a piece of straight pipe with no muffler attached whatsoever, therefore no necessary back pressure, hence, if you keep running it like that, you deserve what you get for not heeding the fact that at least on either the Phantom or Avenger motors, that entire muffler assembly is absolutely necessary.

Do as you wish, it may not be a Bugatti, but the P-85 motors are the cream of the top when it comes to CG motors...If you wish to damage and or destroy it running it without the full exhaust, be my guest because it is your bike, not mine...lol.
Alrighty then fair enough. I shall call B-E.com on Monday and see if there’s an update on the stock. Is there a chance I could go to a muffler shop and have the old one repaired? Just out of curiosity off the top of your head what kind of damage could I already have done? Also I apologize for my ignorance and for the fact that I’m confusing my Phantom with a crappy 80cc from Amazon. I looked around on this forum and some people said it would be ok to go without the bulk of the muffler and I always gutted the mufflers on my junkie 80cc engines anyways.

OH...Really???

Ahh, ok.

OH...Really???

Ok man I said I’m sorry for not taking your advice but there’s no reason to be snarky about it. The reason this forum exists is so people can share and get information. Sometimes there’s conflicting information therefore I usually go with whatever the majority is. Chill man it’s just frikin bicycle engines lmao.

Ok man I said I’m sorry for not taking your advice but there’s no reason to be snarky about it. The reason this forum exists is so people can share and get information. Sometimes there’s conflicting information therefore I usually go with whatever the majority is. Chill man it’s just frikin bicycle engines lmao.
That comment was directed towards me lol. I thought you had ordered your engine from somewhere other than bicycle-engines.com and he was just proving me wrong.

I wasn't being "snarky" as you put it...I was actually talking to GORDY, not you, when I answered to his believing you got your P-85 elsewhere and not from B-E.com.

Chill man it’s just frikin bicycle engines lmao.
I would recommend to you that you read posts thoroughly before you answer a post so you know who is talking to whom before b*****ing out a forum moderator.

That comment was directed towards me lol. I thought you had ordered your engine from somewhere other than bicycle-engines.com and he was just proving me wrong.
Maybe so but still the guy’s getting testy with me for no reason. Yeah I got the kit from b-e.com and no they don’t have replacement mufflers in stock. I looked around on this forum and people said it’s not the end of the world to drive without the full muffler so I did. I wasn’t trying to tick anyone off.

I wasn't being "snarky" as you put it...I was actually talking to GORDY, not you, when I answered to his believing you got your P-85 elsewhere and not from B-E.com.

I would recommend to you that you read posts thoroughly before you answer a post so you know who is talking to whom before b*****ing out a forum moderator.
A thousand apologies sir. I’ll try my very best to read the posts thoroughly.

Back