Phat Kat Kustoms

If you were using 26" tires and hitting 8000 rpm; you could climb most hills at 28 mph in 1st gear, 2nd gear would give you 37 mph and 3rd gear would give you 50 mph. The drive setup would be 10-20; 24-48.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
How is Shimano?

Saw this on fleabay:

They work well but if you wanted a left side drive, you'd have to jackshaft to the right side to drive it's input. With the SA S3X every thing can be kept on the left side a second jackshaft wouldn't be necessary.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Not sure I follow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you add a jack shaft, put the shifter hub sprocket on the engine side (left), then use the spoke holes to mount the sprocket that will drive the rear wheel, then everything will still be on the left.

I was trying to think of a way to use a 3 speed hub, as a hub, but mount the "shifting" sprocket on the left - just have to figure out a way to attach a freewheel on the other side for the bicycle chain.

Not sure I follow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you add a jack shaft, put the shifter hub sprocket on the engine side (left), then use the spoke holes to mount the sprocket that will drive the rear wheel, then everything will still be on the left.

I was trying to think of a way to use a 3 speed hub, as a hub, but mount the "shifting" sprocket on the left - just have to figure out a way to attach a freewheel on the other side for the bicycle chain.
The SA S3X is the only fixed geared IGH I know of. All other IGH's freewheel which is why they'd have to be installed with the input on the right side.

The SA S3X can be pedaled in either direction to move the bicycle forward or backwards just like a fixie can.

Back