Phatmoto 79cc (more power)?

JustaGuy

Local time
12:28 PM
Hello! Im new to four stroke engines on these bikes as ive been putting a lot of my time into two strokes. I have learned a lot here about them and ive managed to hit about 60-70 kmh on a two stroke. Recently, ive started to get interested in four stroke bikes because they seem more reliable. But sadly i am not very educated on the subject. I was just wondering if there are ways to modify and maybe even make these engine more powerful? Ill gladly be educated about them. Any suggestions are welcome :)

I just want to be able to keep up with traffic is my priority

Hello! Im new to four stroke engines on these bikes as ive been putting a lot of my time into two strokes. I have learned a lot here about them and ive managed to hit about 60-70 kmh on a two stroke. Recently, ive started to get interested in four stroke bikes because they seem more reliable. But sadly i am not very educated on the subject. I was just wondering if there are ways to modify and maybe even make these engine more powerful? Ill gladly be educated about them. Any suggestions are welcome :)

Unless you change the bore and/or the compression you have what you have. However, you can make sure the engine is tuned to give you maximum performance.

Unless you change the bore and/or the compression you have what you have. However, you can make sure the engine is tuned to give you maximum performance.
I guess the only real top speed performance gain i could get is switching the 50t sprocket to a smaller one? Although ill lose torque :(

I guess the only real top speed performance gain i could get is switching the 50t sprocket to a smaller one? Although ill lose torque :(
Simply switching ratios will only work to a certain point. For example, I have a shifter bike. If I'm doing 7000 rpm at full throttle in a certain gear ratio and shift to a higher gear the rpm will simply drop. I'd need more horsepower to turn the higher gear at the same rpm at full throttle.

Things you can do is make sure the carburetor is adjusted at the prime air/fuel mixture. The valve lashes are at their recommended settings. The plug gap is where it should be. I strongly recommend getting a tachometer to do your adjusting with.

70kph is plenty fast for a bicycle. The pedator 79cc motor can be fitted with a TAV clutch for a better ratio spread. Maybe you get 80kph.

There is all kinds of stuff you can do to make more power, but it cost lots of money if you have a specific/specialized shop do the work. Also you can make more power ,but can be at the top of the higher rpm range & low end torque can suffer, unless you build your engine specifically for low end power.

70kph is plenty fast for a bicycle. The pedator 79cc motor can be fitted with a TAV clutch for a better ratio spread. Maybe you get 80kph.
There is all kinds of stuff you can do to make more power, but it cost lots of money if you have a specific/specialized shop do the work. Also you can make more power ,but can be at the top of the higher rpm range & low end torque can suffer, unless you build your engine specifically for low end power.
ive managed to hit about 60-70 kmh on a two stroke.
Realistically speaking, if your running your bike on the streets, what are the speed limits???...What speed is too fast when something on the bike fails or someones car hits you and you hit the pavement???

I cruise everyday at between 30 to 35 MPH which is the average intown speeds most everywhere, even though my bike I know will do 50+ MPH with the P-85 motor...if your able to do an average of 42 MPH...what in hell are you talking about when you say you need to keep up with traffic???
I'm passing cars at regular street legal speeds...Give me a break...lol.

Realistically speaking, if your running your bike on the streets, what are the speed limits???...What speed is too fast when something on the bike fails or someones car hits you and you hit the pavement???

I cruise everyday at between 30 to 35 MPH which is the average intown speeds most everywhere, even though my bike I know will do 50+ MPH with the P-85 motor...if your able to do an average of 42 MPH...what in hell are you talking about when you say you need to keep up with traffic???
I'm passing cars at regular street legal speeds...Give me a break...lol.
We dont need you bad talking us 4stroke lovers!!!🤣😂🤣 yep I got a 52mph bike & the majority of the time it's doing 20mph or less. I'm a slow poke!!!

Back