Phatmoto A/T 2024 build log.

Fortunately half the vibes are gone, unfortunately it still has a window of acceleration where it shakes your teeth out,
That's because you triangulated the mounting system with the frame and braced the engine on a different axis. With only a bottom mount points securing it the engine actually oscillates in the frame. You simultaneously dampened that movement an gained the benefit of changing the harmonic frequency of the frame as a whole.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Unfortunately no, I do not have enough room unless I custom fab a new engine mount.

I do however think I have it next to perfect now as I was tinkering yesterday with it, and I'm going to attempt to drill/tap the crankshaft.

I died a extra long bolt to reach past the bad threads.
Buy a set of left handed drill bits & extractors. They will come in handy. I'm betting that bolt will thread right out with them. Unless you used red loctite or something crazy. Or bottomed the bolt out in the bolt hole.

Buy a set of left handed drill bits & extractors. They will come in handy. I'm betting that bolt will thread right out with them. Unless you used red loctite or something crazy. Or bottomed the bolt out in the bolt hole.
I found out what I did, the kit came with metric, didn't know it was standard, put it in a couple threads and rat-tatted on- mixture of excitement and ignorance got me.

Super soft Chinese steel has cuban locktite on it and probably too soft to reverse drill.

But I should be able to blow right through the bolt, it's only maybe 1/2" in there

PXL_20240301_213453822.jpg
PXL_20240301_213508821.jpg
PXL_20240301_213709090.jpg

Smooth as butter! it's finally done, doesn't feel like a death trap anymore.

However my converter is not changing ratio! it will if you free-spin it but not while riding.

I can't seem to find help online thanks to Google's craptastic search engine.

Back