Phatmoto AT Engine Options

Awesome...Thanks.
I have a Phatmoto and a GX200 Honda that I am trying to decide how it will be installed to fit with the rear having the exhaust and air cleaner making it longer than will fit and it appears once set forward that the chain would need to be lengthened. I would prefer to put the conversion and do away with the clutch style it comes with. Did you complete your installs? If so could you please share any photos, parts or mods needed etc? Thanks, John

I have a Phatmoto and a GX200 Honda that I am trying to decide how it will be installed to fit with the rear having the exhaust and air cleaner making it longer than will fit and it appears once set forward that the chain would need to be lengthened. I would prefer to put the conversion and do away with the clutch style it comes with. Did you complete your installs? If so could you please share any photos, parts or mods needed etc? Thanks, John

Check with the guys on this forum...the GX200 and the 212 engines are basically the same configuration:

I am mounting a predator 79cc on my 2020 rover using a plate from gopower sports and some fender washers. It fits well only had to shave the drain plug down as it was rubbing the frame. Affordable go karts has stage 1 2 and 3 kits that rock. My predator now does 5.5 hp with a custom cam and bullet flywheel and 22 lb springs. It rides at 7000 rpm all day. The best part is the PowerBand is in the top end where it needs to be cause to much torque will split the chain stays. A lot of 212 predator mounts have caused that. I put about 600 in the engine and ported it and shaved the head myself with a Dremel and sandpaper on a flat marble surface.

I am mounting a predator 79cc on my 2020 rover using a plate from gopower sports and some fender washers. It fits well only had to shave the drain plug down as it was rubbing the frame. Affordable go karts has stage 1 2 and 3 kits that rock. My predator now does 5.5 hp with a custom cam and bullet flywheel and 22 lb springs. It rides at 7000 rpm all day. The best part is the PowerBand is in the top end where it needs to be cause to much torque will split the chain stays. A lot of 212 predator mounts have caused that. I put about 600 in the engine and ported it and shaved the head myself with a Dremel and sandpaper on a flat marble surface.
Nice work SA! Would you mind sharing a link to the plate you used to mount the engine, maybe some photos of yours showing us where you had to drill or grind on it to make it work? Any chance you will racing it at the SoCal event next month at Apple Valley Speedway? Should be good, I heard Phatmoto will be there in force with their Spec Class racers making their grand debut.

Back