Phatmoto AT Engine Options

I know I could still pick that up, but lmfao I would be stepping on my nuts.šŸ˜²šŸ¤£
Now I remember more clearly,šŸ¤”
When I thought about weighing my bike 15 years ago I thought I would just pick it up and stand on the bathroom scale.
But when I got the bike in front of me I realized I couldn't, it was too awkward.
Now it was so obvious to just put the center stand down and put the whole bike on the scale by itself.

When I thought about how to weigh my bike today, I thought the same thing as 15 years ago. :ROFLMAO:
I'll just pick it up and stand on the scale. Silly me :oops:

A M/B is small enough to weigh the whole bike at one time
If ya don't have a center stand to put the bike on the scale I figure I would use a 1"x 6"x 6' board and just roll the bike up on the scale
Then subtract the weight of the board. This would be more accurate then weighing the front half then the rear half of the M/B

When I thought about weighing my bike 15 years ago I thought I would just pick it up and stand on the bathroom scale.
But when I got the bike in front of me I realized I couldn't, it was too awkward.
Now it was so obvious to just put the center stand down and put the whole bike on the scale by itself.

When I thought about how to weigh my bike today, I thought the same thing as 15 years ago. :ROFLMAO:

If ya don't have a center stand to put the bike on the scale I figure I would use a 1"x 6"x 6' board and just roll the bike up on the scale
Then subtract the weight of the board. This would be more accurate then weighing the front half then the rear half of the M/B
That's a good thought, I never thought of the board thing thou. That will work good, I got a center stand on mine but havent got around to weighing the bike yet. I like the board idea over the center stand idea, just because I wouldn't have to balance the bike on the scales then.šŸ‘

Weighing your bike while it is sitting on a 1x6, picking it up and weighing, or weighing one wheel at a time "should" all give you the exact same answer.

When weighing motorcycles, I put my motorcycle on a 2x6 about 6 feet long and roll it forwards/backwards with the scale on the floor and almost touching the 2x6. My scales are the same height as the 2x6....so the motorcycle is level when one wheel is on the scales. One nice advantage of doing it this way is I only need a scale that can handle the weight on one tire so with a scale that has a 300 lb capacity, I can accurately get the weight of a motorcycle that weighs ~600 lbs assuming the weight distribution is 50:50.

Another advantage of getting the weight one wheel at a time, whether a bicycle or a motorcycle, is you can calculate the weight distribution (percentage) front:rear.

I use the one wheel at a time for everything because my scales are digital and I have to get whatever I am weighing on the scales within a few seconds of the scales being turned on and I can't turn them on with anything on them. On the bright side, they read in tenths of a pound and I have verified their accuracy.

I just go down to my buddies scrap yard and roll it on the scale there, for instance; my cart weighs 260lbs.

Weighing your bike while it is sitting on a 1x6, picking it up and weighing, or weighing one wheel at a time "should" all give you the exact same answer.

When weighing motorcycles, I put my motorcycle on a 2x6 about 6 feet long and roll it forwards/backwards with the scale on the floor and almost touching the 2x6. My scales are the same height as the 2x6....so the motorcycle is level when one wheel is on the scales. One nice advantage of doing it this way is I only need a scale that can handle the weight on one tire so with a scale that has a 300 lb capacity, I can accurately get the weight of a motorcycle that weighs ~600 lbs assuming the weight distribution is 50:50.

Another advantage of getting the weight one wheel at a time, whether a bicycle or a motorcycle, is you can calculate the weight distribution (percentage) front:rear.

I use the one wheel at a time for everything because my scales are digital and I have to get whatever I am weighing on the scales within a few seconds of the scales being turned on and I can't turn them on with anything on them. On the bright side, they read in tenths of a pound and I have verified their accuracy.

I just look at my M/C specs and it has the weight listed, dry and wet.

Well my Honda GS190 engine was delivered yesterday and it looks like installing it in my Phatmoto AT is going to be a little more involved than I anticipated.

Adapters and/or modifications that I can see are going to be required include:

A. Remove the stock air cleaner assembly to make the overall package shorter and find a suitable air filter option to install on the engine.

B. Throttle linkage...not sure how or where I am going to find everything needed.

C. Remove the stock muffler, because it will blow directly on the Phatmoto downtube, and find/make an exhaust pipe/muffler.

D. Mount the engine so everything lines up i.e. the Torque Converter/CVT and chain. The stock mounting holes in the engine don't appear to line up with the holes in the frame so something is going to get new holes drilled in it.

This project may take a little longer than I expected but at this point, the Honda GS190 still appears to be the easiest/best option to get a more powerful engine in my Phatmoto All Terrain bike. The fact that the exhaust exits on the front side of the engine so it won't burn me is probably the biggest factor why I chose the GS engine. The Honda GC engine is almost identical but it does not have a cast iron cylinder liner. The Honda GX and all of the Clone 196/212 engines have the exhaust exiting on the left rear corner which would be just under my left leg when sitting on the bike plus they are about 5-7 lbs heavier than the GS190 engine.

Well my Honda GS190 engine was delivered yesterday and it looks like installing it in my Phatmoto AT is going to be a little more involved than I anticipated.

Adapters and/or modifications that I can see are going to be required include:

A. Remove the stock air cleaner assembly to make the overall package shorter and find a suitable air filter option to install on the engine.

B. Throttle linkage...not sure how or where I am going to find everything needed.

C. Remove the stock muffler, because it will blow directly on the Phatmoto downtube, and find/make an exhaust pipe/muffler.

D. Mount the engine so everything lines up i.e. the Torque Converter/CVT and chain. The stock mounting holes in the engine don't appear to line up with the holes in the frame so something is going to get new holes drilled in it.

This project may take a little longer than I expected but at this point, the Honda GS190 still appears to be the easiest/best option to get a more powerful engine in my Phatmoto All Terrain bike.
If you need some help let me know, I can help source parts or whatever to help. I think you will be fine.

Heres what I would get for your throttle linkage. Should work good for you.
Screenshot_20220113-075019_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-075044_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-075044_Samsung Internet.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 120
Back