Phatmoto clutch

The clutch on my phatmoto won't disengage after only a few rides
Could we by any chance see a few pics of your clutch? so we all can get a idea on what your using & dealing with. Lot of good people on the forum willing to help you get up & running again.

Yea about ever 20 miles you'll need to spray clutch with WD40 til you see black liquid come out. You don't need to dismantle the clutch. Simply pull start. Rev up and you should be good to go for another roughly 20miles. But please wipe off excess liquid.

The bushing in a Phatmoto Hilliard clutch is an oilite bushing (after the 2019 models, they used a hilliard scorcher model) . If it's seized, you'll want to remove it so you can remove the bushing and clean. Once removed, smooth the bore thru which the crankshaft runs with med grit sand paper. Lightly does it. Then either warm the bushing in an oven (150ish or a bit lower) then drop it into a cup or so of 30wt conventional motor oil and soak overnight. Or drop in oil as above and warm them together. Once done, give it a quick wipe to prevent oil being slung all over.
Clean the clutch bell and shoes using wd40 on a rag - just wipe things down, do not spray the parts. While apart, check that the springs are properly in place. They can slip off. If all looks good, reassemble and all should be good! ☺️

Mine never seized but has locked up a few times. Is why I suggested spraying wd40 inside the Hillary clutch. It works and engages and disengaged on throttle. My question is. How do I get more power out of this 79cc pull start 4stroke? It's a beast. The fat tire all terrain but won't go over 24mph... I know putting g a sMaller rear sprocket will help but I don't wanna lose the torque climbing hills.

Attachments

• 20220806_152726.jpg
    20220806_152726.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 65
Mine never seized but has locked up a few times. Is why I suggested spraying wd40 inside the Hillary clutch. It works and engages and disengaged on throttle. My question is. How do I get more power out of this 79cc pull start 4stroke? It's a beast. The fat tire all terrain but won't go over 24mph... I know putting g a sMaller rear sprocket will help but I don't wanna lose the torque climbing hills.
Pull it apart and remove the governor, port the head (intake and exhaust ports have a big elbow to file away). Bin the stock carb and get a PZ19.

And, finally get a TAV, you'll need a sleeve for the crank shaft because TAVs are 3/4".

No need to soak an Olilite bushing in oil over night

Oilite recommends when re impregnating an Oilite bushing put it in 30w or 40w boiling oil for 5-10 mins
Take it out and cool it off in cool oil - Done in 15 mins

Oilite also says re impregnated every 10,000 miles. Unless dusty conditions re impregnate more often

Pull it apart and remove the governor, port the head (intake and exhaust ports have a big elbow to file away). Bin the stock carb and get a PZ19.

And, finally get a TAV, you'll need a sleeve for the crank shaft because TAVs are 3/4".
I don't know anything about the 79cc 4stroke motors. I only bought it as a back up and mostly cuz is bolt and go lol. but started enjoying it off road and have taken it to work a few times but turns a 9.6 mile trip 47minz at 22-24mph but my 2stroke 66cc does it in 17-26 minz at about 28 to 37mph depending on traffic.
So idk where the governor is but I read if I just put a header on the phatmoto. It'll be louder and add hp

I don't know anything about the 79cc 4stroke motors. I only bought it as a back up and mostly cuz is bolt and go lol. but started enjoying it off road and have taken it to work a few times but turns a 9.6 mile trip 47minz at 22-24mph but my 2stroke 66cc does it in 17-26 minz at about 28 to 37mph depending on traffic.
So idk where the governor is but I read if I just put a header on the phatmoto. It'll be louder and add hp
The governor is an internal part that has an arm that come out of the top of the casing with the carb hooked up to it. It also prevents you from hitting any kind of performance minded RPMs.

Back