Phatmoto Pro 125cc 4-speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes- 79cc WOT with 220# rider.
Time to rejet! I know some people on here may be opposed to rejetting a new engine, try to get at least 50 miles on it or so to set everything in. My motorized bike came horribly jetted from factory, 4 stroking all the way. Changed to wide open exhaust then got a sharp power loss whenever I opened up to full throttle for a few seconds. Terrible! Eventually I ordered some micro drill bits and rejetted. Doesn't run perfectly (the engine is a 70$ hunk of Chinese metal, what do you seriously expect...) but now I can hit 35 forever on flats at WOT where before I was limited to 29 or so. Rejet, rejet, rejet! Even going from a 0.65 to 0.61 gave me a huge power surge at top end (7,500 rpm).

Hey Crazy Dan, my phatmoto came in today and 40mph isn’t happening. Top speed 17. Top speed governor bypassed 28. Just ordered a 40T rear sprocket to replace the 50 and we’ll see how that goes.
I wasn't saying the speed it will go with the stock gear reduction, was saying the potential for a 79cc if you geared it correctly.

Time to rejet! I know some people on here may be opposed to rejetting a new engine, try to get at least 50 miles on it or so to set everything in. My motorized bike came horribly jetted from factory, 4 stroking all the way. Changed to wide open exhaust then got a sharp power loss whenever I opened up to full throttle for a few seconds. Terrible! Eventually I ordered some micro drill bits and rejetted. Doesn't run perfectly (the engine is a 70$ hunk of Chinese metal, what do you seriously expect...) but now I can hit 35 forever on flats at WOT where before I was limited to 29 or so. Rejet, rejet, rejet! Even going from a 0.65 to 0.61 gave me a huge power surge at top end (7,500 rpm).

You do realize that what's being discussed here is a 4 stroke engine with a better carb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back