Photos of my new Staton Build

I decided to switch to a Staton. I like the no spoke attached free wheel sprocket .I ordered the laced up double walled weineman??sp?? rim with 12gauge spokes. The kit was not as easy to assymble as some I have done in the past. The messing with spacers took the most time. Being a MTB some longer extensions had to be cut and drilled. I finally found a home for my Acerbis 1.8 fuel tank which fits nicely on the side. Still some work to do---move engine a little more to the front and level out the fuel tank:cool:

Attachments

• My Staton Motored Bike 001.jpg
    My Staton Motored Bike 001.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 730
  • My Staton Motored Bike 002.jpg
    My Staton Motored Bike 002.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 483
  • My Staton Motored Bike 003.jpg
    My Staton Motored Bike 003.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 466
  • My Staton Motored Bike 004.jpg
    My Staton Motored Bike 004.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 451
wow, you will be able to travel cross country on one tank with that biggy..

nice build, am hoping to build a trike next year using a staton setup. broke at the moment....

Nice job! What engine are you using? Give us some riding impressions when you get it done. Also, the first 4 or 5 times you ride the bike (a couple miles each time) make sure to check your chain tension. Mine needed to be adjusted a few times early on, and now it's settled in better. I still check it frequently, but in the beginning it really was loosening up, so make sure to check that.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Warner

Nice job! What engine are you using? Give us some riding impressions when you get it done. Also, the first 4 or 5 times you ride the bike (a couple miles each time) make sure to check your chain tension. Mine needed to be adjusted a few times early on, and now it's settled in better. I still check it frequently, but in the beginning it really was loosening up, so make sure to check that.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Warner

Thanks. I check the chain before I ride and I adjust the chain if needed.So far I have tensioned the chain several times. Ride impressions------Great, I really like the extra stout rear wheel and the free wheeling left sprocket. I have to pedal off with the geraing I have but I had to do that with my previous kit. My engine is a Tanaka 40 and my speeds are 35+. I'll be more accurate when i think to carry my Garmin GPS with me. The tank holds 1.8 gallons and is not a weight problem. I feel more secure when riding long distances with the staton kit. No more loose or broken spokes, nothing slips or breaks.
Ths Morning I took some home grown vine ripened tomatoes to a friend . 75 miles round trip. Bike and staton kit purred like a kitten:D

If you fill up that tank, won't it weight like 20-30 pounds?
What does 1.8 x 6.15 = ?

Weight of Water Compared to Weight of Gasoline
At 60 degrees Fahrenheit, a gallon of pure water weighs 8.34 pounds, whereas a gallon of vehicular gasoline weighs about 6.15 pounds at that temperature.

Diesel weights about 7.1 pounds per gallon.

But actually the question is not about weight, but about density, that is weight per volume.

The SI-Unit of density is kilogram per cubic metre, expressed as such, the densities are these:

Water: 1000 kg/m3

Gasoline: 740 kg/m3

Diesel: 830 kg/m3

Wow that is fantastic looking - very very nice set up bro. The large gas tank gives it the post-apocalyptic survivalist feel!

Awesome! Glad to see another staton buzzing around. Be sure your rear suspension is tensioned up a fair amount. I found when I first started riding the full suspension MTB motored the rear end was wicked bouncy and a little crazy on rough the rough roads here. It was much more comfortable and stable once I increased the spring tension to compensate for the extra weight on the back. Sure makes for a smooooooth ride dont it?

Back