Pics and progress of the GoblinAero

GoblinAero

Local time
5:19 PM
Well, I've finally gotten a good start on sculpting the fairings for my motorized trike.

You can see pix of the trike and pattern sculpture here:

http://goblinmotors.com/html/goblinaero_high_mpg_vehicle__c.html

When I am ready to market these, I'll be selling mostly through DUI/DWI attorneys.

I like to post to this group for input... since ya'll like giving opinions.

There isn't anything that I can do to get the price down dramatically and it is within the pricing range of many scooters.

It'll have turn signals, brake light, head light and tail light. It may also have a buggy whip style safety flag on the roof adn a yellow strobe light up top.

I've gotta tell ya... driving this motorized trike around town has been an absolute blast. When there are no cars around, I spool on up to 30. When I'm 'in the mix' I keep it at about 20.

I'm looking forward to driving it around with the fairings. I already need carrying capability and the front fairing will keep the cold morning wind from watering up my eyes. Even though I wear safety glasses, I've been driving around with tears streaming backward and dripping off of my ears at speed... cool!

I've learned from my riding experience that I'll need a minor vertical support at the rear of the roof. This will help to lessen 'flapping'. I might use a dual pinned aluminum aero rod or fiberglass rods.

Car drivers seem to like the Goblin. Cyclists like it as well. Only one cyclist expressed dislike of it. Surprisingly, roadies (in their tight shorts and all) have been the most enthusiastic. From the rear, this thing looks like an insane mechanized super fast wheelchair!

I'll be making updates to the website regularly.

Jeff in Tucson

When I am ready to market these, I'll be selling mostly through DUI/DWI attorneys.
Brilliant idea!! I couldn't imagine too many other people that could afford to buy them, tho. Other people with suspended licenses might even be better than the DUI/DWI crowd. People might get the wrong impression about your GoblinAero's handling if it's swerving in and out of the lines... or the build quality when some drunkie flips it around a corner.

G'luck in finding your target market!

Target market

Brilliant idea!! I couldn't imagine too many other people that could afford to buy them, tho. Other people with suspended licenses might even be better than the DUI/DWI crowd. People might get the wrong impression about your GoblinAero's handling if it's swerving in and out of the lines... or the build quality when some drunkie flips it around a corner.

G'luck in finding your target market!

Gracias.

My fiancee has a good friend that lost his 14 yr old son to a drunk driver a year ago. The trial finally started yesterday. Folks with suspended licenses tend to keep driving anyway because they continue to need a way to get around and the bus just "won't do" for them. I think I've found a way to have them drive something that doesn't weigh 5000 pounds and keep them legal.

We'll see.

A lot of people that get DUI/DWI have plenty of money and can afford to buy personal transportation that will keep them out of trouble.

We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm having a blast with this thing. :shifty2:

Jeff in Tucson

Hey Jeff. Man O' man I wish I lived next to you. Id be that kid on the block thats knock'in
on the door asking "can Jeff come out to play". Being a builder inventor I can sure appreciate
your craftmanship/design. We had a neighbor growing up that built planes out of his garage. Your
framing tecniques look simular. Is your body going to be able to lift off with 8 bolts? or will they
be more permanent and a lot of work to get off?
Well anyways, great Idea! Keep up the good work. Im very impressed.

planes

Thanks!

I've never built a plane, but I used to fly ultralight aircraft. I had a neighbor that built a BD-5 airplane in his garage when I was a kid. I was like you, always wanting to go hang out and look at it.

I've built streamlined racing bicycles previously. It's fun!

Have a good one,

J

goblin

Gracias.

My fiancee has a good friend that lost his 14 yr old son to a drunk driver a year ago. The trial finally started yesterday. Folks with suspended licenses tend to keep driving anyway because they continue to need a way to get around and the bus just "won't do" for them. I think I've found a way to have them drive something that doesn't weigh 5000 pounds and keep them legal.

We'll see.

A lot of people that get DUI/DWI have plenty of money and can afford to buy personal transportation that will keep them out of trouble.

We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm having a blast with this thing. :shifty2:

Jeff in Tucson
i hope your not intending on the drunks that have gotten busted in cars ride your bike so they dont get pulled over as easy? not a good sales pitch!

drunks

i hope your not intending on the drunks that have gotten busted in cars ride your bike so they dont get pulled over as easy? not a good sales pitch!

That's one of the problems with many people that have gotten DUI/DWIs... they continue with bad behaviors.

Would you rather that they drive a 5000 lb. vehicle, or one that weighs less than 200?

They continue to drive... pick which one you'd rather have them using.

The GoblinAero requires a higher level of coordination to drive than a car. It would be EASIER for a police officer to spot them.

Jeff

not good ambasadorship for furthuring the cause of motoredbikeing for all who wish to ride in the future! please be responsible in your motoredbikeing people, & follow the laws so we keep a good name for the movement, well it used to be a movement at one time, now it seems to be more about goin fast & not thinking of the future of motoredbikers & motoredbikeing! keep the focus true motoredbikers , you know who you are!!

That's one of the problems with many people that have gotten DUI/DWIs... they continue with bad behaviors.

Would you rather that they drive a 5000 lb. vehicle, or one that weighs less than 200?

They continue to drive... pick which one you'd rather have them using.

The GoblinAero requires a higher level of coordination to drive than a car. It would be EASIER for a police officer to spot them.

Jeff

dont drive any motored vehicle drunk!! period! the lesser evil is not an option!!

Back