20200114_175011.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 751
  • 20200114_175043.jpg
    20200114_175043.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 20200114_175052.jpg
    20200114_175052.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 209
That's a clean and tight build. I like how it feels a little more BEEFY than regular motorized bikes with it's frame integrated gas tank and banana muffler. I like the rear mag wheel that will avoid the broken cheap hubs that comes on other bikes(Huffy). That will also keep the wheel happy and true without adjustments. I'd immediately add front and rear tail lights to help out the front and rear reflectors.

Looks good. Two small tips though:
-I would run a disc brake on the back, chinese mags don't like rim brake setups and there have been numerous failures where the sidewall of the rim gets thin and bursts.
- Careful with that engine mount, they are known to crack right at the frame - especially your model without the reinforcements they added later on. Correct fix is to chop it off and run a CNC mount on the front, but you can make it live longer by properly shimming the engine so it sits flush both on the seat post and the front mount before tightening.

Looks good. Two small tips though:
-I would run a disc brake on the back, chinese mags don't like rim brake setups and there have been numerous failures where the sidewall of the rim gets thin and bursts.
- Careful with that engine mount, they are known to crack right at the frame - especially your model without the reinforcements they added later on. Correct fix is to chop it off and run a CNC mount on the front, but you can make it live longer by properly shimming the engine so it sits flush both on the seat post and the front mount before tightening.
Yeah you're definitely right about the mount. I bought the frame used from someone on offerup- when I got home and pulled off the motor that was on it I discovered someone had decided to greatly increase the size of holes on bracket. So I mounted my motor anyways bending the studs. I'll tackle that as soon as I pull the motor I'll chop and replace the mount. And I didnt know about the mag wheels being ruined by the brakes. Good info.

Great looking bike and tidy cable routing as said above. Did you paint it or was it painted when you bought it?

I added the exhaust baffle. Made it in the machine shop I work at. Good eye!
20200119_123522.jpg

cool i was trying to figure out if you made it or it was one of the ones ive seen on some of the sites. next question did you notice any improvement? plan on making any more for sale?

I didn't really notice too much improvement actually. Maybe in the mid-range and high range might of got a little boost. But it extended my expansion chamber away from the frame which it was rubbing before. I don't think I'll be making any more of those soon. Probably would have been better to buy the x-port. Or to have modified the expansion chamber instead.

If I do make another I want to have it match exhaust port (this one does) but I'd try and funnel it to round from the rectangular port. Kind of like the short intakes cone/funnel.

Back