Pictures of inside of spark plug connector???

K

Keepthedrivetommy

Can anyone take a picture of what the inside of the spark plug connector is supposed to look like. I think mine got messed up because the little piece of metal that looks like a staple is not sitting properly, and I got a new spark plug, but the connector cap wont fit onto the new spark plug because of what seems to be this little staple thing. Im thinking I might have to just buy an new plug wire.

if the staple is loose and one end is wobbling around inside, shouldnt I get a new one then because it wont grip onto the spark plug threads as well?

use a pocket screwdriver and put the "staple" back where you want it...it does wobble around a bit until you make the connection...you'll feel and hear the wire-clip grip the threads just fine.

a second thought: if you've tried to force the cap down onto the screw-on fitting on the plug, there is a small chance you've damaged something...keep us posted.

The staple is gone now, And the new plug I put in worked wonders for my bike, but the cap doesnt want to stay down on the threads because the staple is gone. Is there anything I can put in there that will make it stay, or should I just order a new plug connector?

Thanks for all ur help guys.

As Augie shows you it is cheap and easy to replace the whole plug cap and wire.
If you have a mind to, you could put some silicon rubber around the plug base and push the cap down. Also make sure you put a wedge or a weight on it and let it cure at least overnight. This will also insure that no moisture will get under the plug.
Doc

Back