Pictures of my whizzer

J

JE

Finally got a chance to down load the pictures of my Whizzer when I picked it up from Bill last Wednesday. Also took a picture of another sweet ride there. The owners initals ar B.G wonder who that could be ......lol

Attachments

• IMG_2490.jpg
    IMG_2490.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,235
  • IMG_2493.jpg
    IMG_2493.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_2489.jpg
    IMG_2489.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,013
They are very nice. I'd like to hear more about them, especially the racer. Did you build the frame?
Where did you find the springer?

Bill did all the work on both bikes.My NE5 has a shaved head, hotter spark plug, no baffle in the exaust rejetted carb and a free flowing air filter. Also has a Model A Ford tail light and some Chrome blacked out allong with red lined tires. Bills bike is Swsom in person with a custom frame a Reploduction Monark front fork.

Hi guys Up date on JEs new 26 NE5 . Head shaved .070, Iridium CR7EIX plug,with stock baffle, jetted with #84 main and needle dropped down, stock air filter with can removed, stainless model A right side tail lamp, better red line tires with thorn proof tubes, electra custom bars and seat, whizzer kick back seat post, rims and belt chev trued to.005, All black kit style fuel tank, revent fuel cap, top grade 3/16 fuel line, tach kit, italian custom soft grips, remove front yellow reflectors and install extra allen set screws, both back refletors in red,and lots of black paint. thats about it. Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer

LOL...Thanks bill I knew I was forgetting some stuff. Man the bike runs great and turns heads.I work in a metal fab shop as a painter and paint cars on the side.I've got some custom paint touches I'll be adding to it soon.

HI Peter we had the frame built thru mike simpson. The AZ. company builds harley custom frames. They did really good on the frame but the fuel tank and springer front end both sucked and dangerous. Let me get off the soap box . Ok we went to check out harleys,merkals,excelcers and indians from 1910 thru 1918 . this was done by my self and my friend jim keepings . We sent all our pictures and measurements to mike .Thats how it started last summer. I have around 300 hours in it and to much money to talk about .The tank I built from A 4x6 steel pole with all hand lathed bungs . The filler is custom from nash brothers.The wheels are worksman with stainless spokes.The tires have two kevlar bands . The head is A reworked weber with grade 8 hardware.It has A 26mm carb A shortened intake manifold . It has A 90mm auto clutch.The forks are reworked monark. All black is powder coated including rims.speed tops out just above 50 mph . and its fun! BIll Green

My Racer Series, a brief history

Hi all, here is a brief history of the Simpson Racer series. I hope this might be interesting to you-all, and perhaps clear up any confusion.

In very early 06 a friend measured antique motorcycle pictures with me in my livingroom, He translated measurements and I drew.

I shopped the project out, and eventually had a BMX bicycle factory build my Simpson Model 08 Prototype: (see bare steel bike)

Followed by:
10 Production Simpson Model 08 Racers: (see blue bike)

Next my Simpson Model 09 Prototype, which did not include some aspects I wanted: (see red bike)

Now we chop the 08 Portotype to become the Prototype of the Simpson Model 10 series. experimenting here, we have added more rake than she needed: (again bare steel, notice radical rake, this bike will live again, I have plans for her)

This time a new fabrication shop, in AZ, a professional Motorcycle frame builder.
2 production prototypes were built, and approved with minor changes needed: (see bare steel bike in factory)

Now 18 Simpson Model 10 Racers were built, containing some un-approved minor changes, including but not limited to the tank construction, and some downsizing of flat-stock.

Next step was Tim ordered 5 Model 10 v.2 frames, these have different dropouts, and do not have an S blown into them.

I appreciated Bill's input of what the fork and seat-tube angles were on bikes he measured, this was implemented at the time of the Model 10 Production prototypes, we were going to go 23-24 degrees, and went with the 22 that Bill had mentioned.
This was, however the extent of his input into my design. The 2 Simpson framesets I shipped to Bill and Jim were of the 18 production Simpson Model 10's from AZ. Which are my design, with input from Tim, and my Fab guys.

I have a guy in the Bay Area who came into the business at the time of the end of the run of the Simpson Model 08's, Tim has been much help, and has sold many more bikes of my frames than I have at this time, without his participation I do not think the Model 10 would have seen production.

The design, business, production, distribution, and ultimate fate are mine which I choose to share with Tim, as he and I have an agreement.

If you look at the four different bikes (5 pics) you will see that my drop-loop, and backbone have never really changed, even though I lowerd the bike, and made very different dropouts along the way (along with other changes).

I have new designs in mind, but am not sure what avenue to take as to whether to produce them, or just build for myself on a prototype basis.

Ride Straight;
Mike

Attachments

• 08_Tshirt.jpg
    08_Tshirt.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 533
  • 08BLEFTS.JPG
    08BLEFTS.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 509
  • model09RFS.JPG
    model09RFS.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 566
  • MOD10FT.JPG
    MOD10FT.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 545
  • mod10 ProSide.JPG
    mod10 ProSide.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 539
Hi mike like I said great job on the frame but the forks are not correct Thats from 22years of working on springers .so I made A change there . And I decided to hand build A larger fuel tank using angles from earley american motorcycles and going to A straight filler.It turned out good and is rock solid at 50 plus MPH. Hope every thing good with you ..Bill

Back