Pictures of Whizzer lift

arbys

Local time
11:14 AM
I wonder what others are doing for storage of their bikes. I would like to lift it off the floor to leave space for other projects. I have 12' ceilings so I do have the vertical space so I don't hit my noggin. Pictures would be helpful.

I wonder what others are doing for storage of their bikes. I would like to lift it off the floor to leave space for other projects. I have 12" ceilings so I do have the vertical space so I don't hit my noggin. Pictures would be helpful.
You could use a bicycle hoist but their only good for 50 lbs and your Whizzer weighs 100 lbs

So you would have to copy or convert a bicycle hoist and make it strong enough to lift 100 lbs,
Then use straps to the bike to take the weight off the hoist and for safety

I beefed a $10 Harbor Freight bicycle hoist by changing the plastic pulleys to steal pulleys and changing the rope to a rope that's rated for 150 lbs to lift my 70 lb E Bike.

Actually I think you can buy a hoist to lift heavy loads up to 500 lbs But IDK where I bet if ya search you'll find one

Here's a pic of my 70 lb E bike hoisted up in the garage. Maybe this will give you some ideas
The straps you see are for safety and to take the weight off the hoist

DSCF4122.JPG
DSCF4124.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF4129.JPG
    DSCF4129.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF4132.JPG
    DSCF4132.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 95
I wonder what others are doing for storage of their bikes. I would like to lift it off the floor to leave space for other projects. I have 12" ceilings so I do have the vertical space so I don't hit my noggin. Pictures would be helpful.
Here look, I also used a beefed up H/F bicycle hoist to lift my Kayak too
That Kayak weighs 60 lbs and then I load all my kayak gear in it too
The straps you see are for safety and to take the weight off the hoist
DSCF4126.JPG

Here I'm going to assume a mistake was made otherwise you're the smallest person ever 😆. 12' not 12". For example I'm 6'2" tall.

Back