Piece o junk

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
10:58 AM
I changed my spark plug because after a few full throttle rips it made a gargling sound and started misfiring, naturally thought it was a bad plug so I installed a brand new ngk plug same thing bp6hs and now it won't run? Maybe a bad plug from the factory here is a photo of an old plug and the new plug in the engine:

The think about my build is that it's so stupid tight that I have to take off the cylinder head to change the plug.

Is it possible that an overtightened head would cause It to not run? Cause I just felt these bolts but they are NOT under tight.

Also the old plug was gapped I just dropped it

Attachments

• 20221214_223643.jpg
    20221214_223643.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 20221214_223652.jpg
    20221214_223652.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 72
Is it possible that an overtightened head would cause It to not run? Cause I just felt these bolts but they are NOT under tight.
That is why we use torque wrenchs to tighten the head bolts...No more than 12 foot pounds which is also 144 inch pounds.

Honestly, you keep making so many changes and modifications to your motors that it could be anything, or many combinations of many things involved here.

We would be totally shooting in the dark withour much , much, more information than what you are providing here.

I changed my spark plug because after a few full throttle rips it made a gargling sound and started misfiring, naturally thought it was a bad plug so I installed a brand new ngk plug same thing bp6hs and now it won't run? Maybe a bad plug from the factory here is a photo of an old plug and the new plug in the engine:

The think about my build is that it's so stupid tight that I have to take off the cylinder head to change the plug.

Also the old plug was gapped I just dropped it
That's cause by pre-ignition: aka engine ping. Or your running way to hot of plug for a minarelli.

That's cause by pre-ignition: aka engine ping. Or your running way to hot of plug for a minarelli.
It's like 30 degrees out and I've always used this type of plug

Right now I was just riding my Athena it's just the Athena sport 70cc cylinder and piston. To the best of my knowledge it sounds like the plug was the problem but it still rode home.

Can your engine possibly not run from overtightened head bolts?

The spark plug is inaccessible with a wrench due to clearance with the frame, it doesn't have stripped threads or is stuck I just can't get a socket over it
And thats just another example of one of the things we did not know about here as well...As I said, we are shooting in the dark...lol.

Back