Pilot jet size

B

billspirit

I'am looking for a source for pilot jets for the 22mm carb on NE5 motors, I'am running a #32 and would like to go down one size. Thanks for any replys.
Bill B

I replaced my pilot jet in my 22mm carb with a stock replacement from Whizzer. Mine was way too small. Can you set the air bleeder on your carb? If it adjusts to about 1to 1.5 turns ccw then the jet is the correct. I guess that is not the case for you. I never looked at the new jet from Whizzer to see what size it is. I will try to check it for you tonight.

Jim

I had got mine from Whizzer USA & replaced the #95 main jet that it came with & installed a # 86. Runs great now. The restricted motors & many other motors are generally to rich from factory.

Jim my air bleed screw sets at 1/2 to 3/4 ccw from seated. if I set it below 1/2 it dies and if behond 3/4 same run bad, the sweet spot is between 1/2 & 3/4. The jet is marked #32. I also have run problem at WOT choughs slows down-let off throttle & it runs better. I'am running a #86 main w/needle in the 2nd from top slot, have ordered a #84 main from Quinton to correct the WOT problem, hopefully. I would like to get the idle mix screw to adjust ccw at 1 to 11/2, what way should I go with pilot jet smaller or larger. I;am at 750ft asl 85/95 temps moderate to high humidity K.C. Mo. area. Thanks
Bill B

It sounds very much like you have a small pilot jet like I had. I just checked my new jet from Whizzer and it is not marked. The stock jets are not marked. I think your pilot jet is too small. I could not adjust my air bleeder to the correct spot until I changed the pilot jet. Mine was just like yours at about 1/2 a turn out. I also had the WOT problem you have and a new stock pilot jet made getting the rest of the adjustments right much easier. I would go ahead and order a new stock pilot jet from WhizzerUSA. My dealer did not have one so I ordered direct. Here is a link to the part.
http://whizzermotorbike.catalog.com/viewProduct.cfm?item_id=718858

Hope this helps you.
Jim

P.S. Make very sure you don't have an air leak on the carb intake system. The gaskets must be intact and tight.

Last edited:
Jim thanks for the reply. I'll contact whizzer tomarrow, I have coming from Quinton all new gaskets & #84 main jet if needed, I already have the aluminum manifold. I posted last week about the stacking secquence of all the gasket, spacer, restricker, manifold etc. With that info & your help I think I'm on the right track. Bill B

Let us know how you make out please. It may help someone else out when they do a search on the forum for the same problem. It seems like this may not be all that uncommon a problem. I have heard several others talk about pilot jet issues.
Thanks

Jim

Hi Bill,
If possible try the #84 main jet before changing the pilot to see what happens first. If you change several items at once it will be hard to compare the results. The only pilot jet problems I am aware of were either the pilot jet was "stopped" up or the carburetor was not an original Whizzer unit. I know of several that were purchased [on EBay] that are a close version of the Whizzer NE carburetor, but the pilot jet was too small, and the main jet was too large, not to mention the needle taper and the cut in the slide are slightly different.

Let us know the results.

Whizzer OuterBanks LTD
A North Carolina Corporation
Quenton

Last edited:
WC-1 Upgrades?

Quenton I see your name on the forum as an expert on Whizzer. What would you suggest I do to increase power on my 2000 Whizzer.I just bought this bike and would like to go up hills in Duluth Minnesota where I live. We have a lot of hills. I heard it has a WC-1 engine. My bike starts and runs fine. It goes 38mph until I changed the clip position yesterday ( raised it to the #2 position). I did it because it was reccomended to me since my spark plug is carbon black. I haven' changed the cam timing gear 1 tooth counter clockwise since I don't know how to do that (reccommended to me).It now goes 35mph. It seem to not lug as much when you turn the throttle. I will leave it that way for a while and check the plug. What up grades are there?, Prices, etc, Can I do any of the work myself ? Are the newer engines better? What are common Whizzer problems? As you can see I have more questions than answers. John

Hi John,
If your WC-1 travels 38 MPH, sounds like the restrictor may have already been removed. I would tell you to advance the camshaft one tooth, but it may have already been changed. On the WC-1 motor when the side cover is removed the camshaft will stay in the cover, so it isn't possible to tell by eye if the change has taken place. I guess it is possible to remove the compression cover, install a degree wheel on the flywheel, and turn the motor over and note the opening of the valves to see if the camshaft is advanced, but unless you just don't have anything else to do, I wouldn't waste my time. You simply need to PM me or email me at quincy163@yahoo.com and I will cover the options and prices. To answer your question concerning performing the upgrade, make no mistake it is easy to effect the upgrade. Most often it takes less than 2 hours, including several breaks for refreshments, in fact I can easily convert a motor in less than 45 minuites.
Now would be a good time for a few members of this site to tell you how easy it is to do, because a lot of the members here have purchased kits from me over the last year or so, and all seem happy with the results. Just ask them for their comments.
Is your 2000 model the 24" blue version?

Have fun,
Whizzer OuterBanks LTD
A North Carolina Corporation
Quenton
252-475-0406 cell phone

Last edited:
Back