Pineapple bushing substitute

Anime2019Master

Local time
12:24 PM
So i got a friend into building a motorized bike, but he doesnt like the look of magwheels for his dream design, he wants spokes. Should he just stick to the factory rubber rings for the sprocket, or is there a better option? The cnc clamp thing is a big no, i wont let him buy that. I bought one and tightened it to near steipping the screws and it still destroyed my rim in the first 60 seconds.

I found this but im concerned it will have a similar effect to the clamp. Should he just stick to the standard rubber rings? Ive had several spokes ripped out over time with them, but once they set they are decently relaible. Figured b4 i offer him advice id seek some myself from some people that may have already tried a few options.

the rag joint works pretty well if you keep the bolts tight (Loctite 243 blue works well) how much power is he going to be running though it?

He wants to go with 20" rims, as he has already purchased insets for his current bike, as well as new tires, over 100 bucks wasted if he goes with different size, so theres that, he will be going with a 2 cycle, and probably will stick with the standard 44 tooth sprocket, no lower than a 38 bc its a mountain roads area, so he will need the low end torque. Certainly he will be getting all the bells and whistles, upgraded carb, expansion champer and high compression head, so that will be some power increse. Im thinking as long as he keeos and eye on the tightness of the bots whike they are seating he should be alright, hopefully wont be having to buy spoke replacements often.

On a side note, his current bike is electric, with a 10 mile range b4 a 3h recharge is needed, thus the reason for intrest in motorized version, and he asked me today if he should canabalize the front fork and gearset to save money. I suggested he either buy a walmart special to get the parts, of just break down and spend the extra $$ on new parts, as his current bike is not being made anymore and sells for 700+ online, so he could sell his bike and recoup most of the cost of the moter version.

With 20in rims, he's going to want to compensate the smaller wheel by going to a lower gear (since these were made for 26in wheels) id suggest a 36t or possibly a 32t.

Friction drive could be another option for him, station makes pretty good stuff.

So i got a friend into building a motorized bike, but he doesnt like the look of magwheels for his dream design, he wants spokes. Should he just stick to the factory rubber rings for the sprocket, or is there a better option? The cnc clamp thing is a big no, i wont let him buy that. I bought one and tightened it to near steipping the screws and it still destroyed my rim in the first 60 seconds.

I found this but im concerned it will have a similar effect to the clamp. Should he just stick to the standard rubber rings? Ive had several spokes ripped out over time with them, but once they set they are decently relaible. Figured b4 i offer him advice id seek some myself from some people that may have already tried a few options.
Good to do a little research before you build. If your friend wants 20" wheels make sure they have 36 spokes, too many 20" have 32 spokes and don't line up for the rag joint.

With 20in rims, he's going to want to compensate the smaller wheel by going to a lower gear (since these were made for 26in wheels) id suggest a 36t or possibly a 32t.

Friction drive could be another option for him, station makes pretty good stuff.
The Auto-Mini has a 50 cc with a 44t and that little bike rips.

Would a 36t still have good hill climbing ability? I had 36t on my first build, with 26" tires tho, but i couldnt climb small hills for squat lol, got much bigger hills here than where i previously lived.

Good to do a little research before you build. If your friend wants 20" wheels make sure they have 36 spokes, too many 20" have 32 spokes and don't line up for the rag joint.
I believe his intention is to buy a wheelset from a motorized bike website so they should have the correct amount of spokes, seeing they are marketed for motorized bukes.

Back