Break In pirate cycles billet head(break in)?...

crowvise

Local time
11:15 AM
My flying horse was stolen 8--20.
I purchased a 2010 grubee from gasbike last week.
It will be here by this friday.
I believe the piratecycle's $50 billet head is compatable with the grubee. I will be ordering it this thursday or next.
Should I break in the motor before or after installing the billet head for best overall engine preformance/power? Or does it matter?
I believe I once read that before installing an expansion chamber exaust the motor should be run in. Does this apply to the billet head? How about boost bottles(will it be better to break in the motor with the bottle installed?
Also how much increase in power can I expect from the billet head?

I'd run it all stock for awhile and then add the high performance parts one at a time.
That way you can see / feel if they make a difference in performance or not.
If you just throw the new head on before you ever ride it, how will you know for sure if you get an increase or decrease in performance?
I think it's always best to add high performance parts one at a time because then you can tell if the part gives you more / less power, how the part makes the engine run and idle, how easier / harder it is to start.
sometimes when you add a bunch of parts at once, and you have a problem, it's tough to determine exactly which part is giving you the problem.
By adding them one at a time, it is easier to pinpoint the problem.
add a billit head, runs great. add an expansion chamber, runs better, add a high flow air filter, runs a little better, add a high perf carb., runs like **** and won't idle.
now you can work backwards because it ran great until you added the carb.
add all the parts at once and you end up with an idle problem or a bog....now, which part is causing the problem?

break it in with the billet head. The higher compression and combustion pressures will seat the rings quicker.

greetings from nsw

my old bike has a rocksolid 48 cc hp1 with ceramic piston ,billet head ,um long street pipe an 44 tooth rear .

b4 i destroyed my shaft bike i ran in
so far motor has run 2300 km
my friend has a stock grubee 48 starfire

my bike is at least 2 as powerfull as stock motor
i used to go 10 kmh faster tho
my new bike is not tech a normal fit but it does have front disk mounts on ajustable forks (rebound)all ill need is a 50 mm front motor mount an to mount tank on rear rack ...
plus a jackshaft , expansion , h/d cleaner

all for sum time in jan 2011

brad

billet purchase temporarly on hold.
long story...
who the **** sells new kits with TWO carbon coated spark plugs:mad: At least the cap cover was freaking shiny:36:

The happytimes that seemed to last were all run at the factory.
They had carbon from being tested at the factory or by the importer.
FOR EXAMPLE
I only buy rc engines from one place they test thousands of chinese engines at the factory.
Maybe ten are good enough.
The fools who purchase direct from the factory are #%$%.
There is NO quality control at all.

Back