Pirate cycles is facing competition in the race to build better engines

Fabian

Local time
3:56 PM
These are prototypes from the ACME Motor Company.

Points to note:

1) a properly designed clutch system.
2) a reed valve intake.
3) a V-twin engine.

Now all we need is for SickBikeParts to get in the development race to put out the equivalent of landing a man on the moon.

Fabian

Attachments

• motor1.jpg
    motor1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,439
  • manifold.jpg
    manifold.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,293
Last edited:
While I would rather see a 4 stroke effort one positive aspect I can see is that 2 strokes run really well on alcohol due to their inherent higher compression ratios. And alcohol can be home made. Just don't drink any:giggle:

Whether or not you could ever get a 2 stroke like these past CARB the EPA and become certified for on road use is another story. Probably with enough money you could but it would be a bunch and knowing the key people to even get the ball rolling.

Innovation is always good though so keep up it up!

this isnt a competition. we are just trying to make a more reliable smother running engine just to take the involitary bowel movement shake out of the engine as jim says is a big step kinda like landing on the moon. we have great respect for acme and for sbp and wish all good luck with making the mb world more user friendly..

that V twin.....
Must... have.....

Wow, That is one impresive motor. I would love to build a bike around it.
I'm curious about the clutch on the other motor. will that handle taking off from a dead stop?

Just like in politics: disunity is death.

At the end of the day any differences need to be set aside and the project needs to move ahead with a sense of energy to get the job done.

All the ground work has been set in place - it would be foolish to stop now when customers are waiting for product.

The engine upgrades don't even need a marketing campaign to get shipping consignments moving out the factory door.

Fabian

hey nobody sayin ur the bad guy this thread is not here for you to cry respect the guy who posted it and take your personal problems to a pm or something please

I'm curious about the clutch on the other motor. will that handle taking off from a dead stop?[/QUOTE said:
If you are referring to the clutch on the single cylinder motor pictured, it appears to be the same style clutch set up that motorcycles use. probably with multiple clutch disks with steels separating each disk.
a very good, strong and long lasting design able to withstand a bunch of torque. so yeah, if i am thinking right on that design, taking off from a dead stop will not be a problem with that clutch.

it looks like the clutch on the twin cylinder is the same as what's currently on the common 2 stroke motors.

Last edited:
Back