pirate cycles ripped me off 300 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilbow63

Local time
4:48 AM
just fyi thought i would put it out there. I ordered a workman cycle and a tank from them. I got the bike with alot of damage and no tank. I tried to call but got no answer. I sent emails got no answer. I guess that i wouldnt be angry if the just would tell me what is going on with the tank. All i am trying to do is to get my bike on the road before i deploy again. So, now I am working on building my own tank. Which I should have done in the first place, just trying to save sometime.

thanks for reading
SSG Bowman
US Army

Welcome to MBc, SSG Bowman. We here at MBc certainly applaud your dedication, and thank the Lord that you are out there "covering our 6" so we can feel more safe at night!!! I propose a silent prayer, or simple thank you for the work you are doing...right MBers!!!???

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to Pirate Cycles

I would like to say that I am sorry to Pirate Cycle. I had to jump through some hoops but I recieved a call for them today. It was about the tank I ordered. I was told that he was looking into it and that he would get the ball rolling. I at least fell that I was not victum to a scam.

Thanks for reading
SSG Bowman
US Army

I just ordered a bike from them a couple weeks ago, and I got it in a timely manner. I also got a Worksman, and based on the way the box(es) were packed, there is NO way they would have packed the tank in with the bike... which unfortunately gives the shipper a chance to lose the box that would have been the tank.

The bike alone comes packed in two boxes-- the majority of the bike in one, and then front wheel in its own box. For me, the two boxes came on different days, which didn't happen to be a problem for me.

If the bike is damaged, you can also take that up with the shipping company because it is more likely it was damage in transit than damaged before it was sent.

Guys please... Pirate Cycles does not rip people off. Not Never, not ever!! I have not killed myself building a solid reputation for 3 years to throw it all away for a $300.00 fuel tank that we sell for someone else..

http://www.piratecycles1.com/woinfrta1.html

If you read the description it is stated that these are special order items and a 1-2 week lead time should be expected on any sportcarpat creation.

When these Worksman Tank orders come in we forward the order and the money to the manufacturer and he then makes the item in the order that it was received. This industry is growing and people are in build mode now more then ever. Its a busy time and orders are deeper then normal so therefore wait times are a week longer on the tanks then normal.

Spring is coming and we are all anxious to be ready for it. I understand the anxiety as we build bikes too. We like to think that we help people who enjoy the same hobby as we do. I have sacrificed lots of my own belongings to be able to bring new and improved items to this industry and I plan to keep on doing so. We do need it.

For the past month I have been all out getting ready for the grand opening of our new retail location. Yes my email customers are suffering due to this. I'm sorry for that and we really hope to be able to catch up soon! I need 10 hands.

I often hope my reputation will keep people comfortable after placing their order with us. We have worked hard on doing right by people to prevent such a issue as the one mentioned here...

To be honest when a customer has a problem with us or our business ethic we make right and then some.This particular customer and I have spoken and the current fuel tank situation has been explained and is now understood with no confusion. No frame damaged was mentioned during our conversation and if there is damage to the bike I will take care of it myself. Please just call and let me know.

Unfortunately posts like this one stick like glue and we always hope to catch it before hand. Anyway this is the flip side to this coin and I wanted it to be known.

Thanks Guys
Justin
Pirate Cycles

Customer service

I am also waiting to hear back from motoredbikes.com to send me my back ordered universal motor mount. online support is always off line for me ,left msg. no return. I called Its a HOT product I guess. they said they get 200 in a shipment and they go out quick. I inderstand, but its holding up my current build.

Attachments

• LZ3.2.jpg
    LZ3.2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 425
I am also waiting to hear back from motoredbikes.com to send me my back ordered universal motor mount. online support is always off line for me ,left msg. no return. I called Its a HOT product I guess. they said they get 200 in a shipment and they go out quick. I inderstand, but its holding up my current build.

Motoredbikes.com does not sell any products.

I would like to say that I am sorry to Pirate Cycle. I had to jump through some hoops but I recieved a call for them today. It was about the tank I ordered. I was told that he was looking into it and that he would get the ball rolling. I at least fell that I was not victum to a scam.

Thanks for reading
SSG Bowman
US Army

Happy ending!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back