Piston bushings or bearings

S

Shah100

I got this new 100cc from exgizmo. I've heard a lot about how well bushings are than bearings. But in the case of a new motor, especially a 100cc would you guys still recommend switching to a piston pin bushing?

I got this new 100cc from exgizmo. I've heard a lot about how well bushings are than bearings. But in the case of a new motor, especially a 100cc would you guys still recommend switching to a piston pin bushing?
I bought a ExGizmo 100cc & it runs a bearing, never had a failure with it. There is nothing wrong with the bearing in that kit.

I bought a ExGizmo 100cc & it runs a bearing, never had a failure with it. There is nothing wrong with the bearing in that kit.
Keep in mind that when P-85s came out almost three years ago, their biggest flaw was using a bushing instead of a good old fashioned needle bearing...Caused massive motor failures until they learned that the bushing were no good compared to an actual bearing.

Keep in mind that when P-85s came out almost three years ago, their biggest flaw was using a bushing instead of a good old fashioned needle bearing...Caused massive motor failures until they learned that the bushing were no good compared to an actual bearing.
Yeah the ExGizmo is a needle roller bearing, I not sure why he wants to go with a bushing.

Yeah the ExGizmo is a needle roller bearing, I not sure why he wants to go with a bushing.
I'm planning on getting an expansion chamber but that obviously long after the break in. I've got the impression from other threads that bushings are more stronger than bearings on these engines because a broken needle bearing may require a top end rebuild. But anyways, would you recommend I keep the stock needle bearing after getting an expansion chamber? Thanks man.

I'm planning on getting an expansion chamber but that obviously long after the break in. I've got the impression from other threads that bushings are more stronger than bearings on these engines because a broken needle bearing may require a top end rebuild. But anyways, would you recommend I keep the stock needle bearing after getting an expansion chamber? Thanks man.
When the bushing fails and seizes up that motor, just throw it out or use it as a doorstop or boat anchor then...lol.

Needle bearings are preferable in 2 strokes over bushings or shell style bearings for one main reason. Oiling. The oil can get into the rollers and on all of the journal and bearing surfaces more efficiently and consistently. The sacrifice is actually load bearing capability due to the decrease in total contact surface area. This means that total service life is potentially less than it would be with a shell bearing. The benefit is less resistance to the rotating assembly.

Back