Piston bushings or bearings

S

Shah100

I got this new 100cc from exgizmo. I've heard a lot about how well bushings are than bearings. But in the case of a new motor, especially a 100cc would you guys still recommend switching to a piston pin bushing?

A question are all the two-stroke Chinese motorbike Motors used the same size bearing ID OD and width?
Well I know there is a 10mm version & a 12mm wrist pin bearing version. But most are 10mm. I think the Phantom 85 & the CDH 110 use a 12mm wrist pin bearing.

Well I know there is a 10mm version & a 12mm wrist pin bearing version. But most are 10mm. I think the Phantom 85 & the CDH 110 use a 12mm wrist pin bearing.
I had sourced replacement bearings from either Wiseco or all balls for a higher quality bearing. I don't know if anybody else has tried this I think it was around $8.

I had sourced replacement bearings from either Wiseco or all balls for a higher quality bearing. I don't know if anybody else has tried this I think it was around $8.
I'm sure they are of way better quality. I use the Polini silver race caged bearing & the Hot Rods I believe is the other brand.

For the 12x16x15 wrist pin bearing on the Phantom, I went all spendy and used an OEM Stihl bearing for an MS460.

I never had the gumption to replace the lower rod bearing on any of these motors, but I have also never had an issue with one to date.

For the 12x16x15 wrist pin bearing on the Phantom, I went all spendy and used an OEM Stihl bearing for an MS460.

I never had the gumption to replace the lower rod bearing on any of these motors, but I have also never had an issue with one to date.
I used to rebuild cranks at the shop all the time it allways included the crank pin rod thrust washers and bearing but after the hot rod kits came out between parts and labor it was almost break even and you didn't have to worry about mangled end of the crank when somebody who used a hammer to remove the Magneto magnet. After that it was only the oddball cranks not carried by Hot Rods or older bikes.

Back