Piston/Crank and connecting rod

HumanPerson

Local time
7:40 AM
So i'm waiting on this engine from Dax and decided to get a 76 dollar engine to mess with but the Piston/Crank and connecting rod are really stiff to move without the jug on.
None of my other engines have been so difficult to move, they moved freely actually.

What causes this? Sitting for a long time? It starts and runs but seems to really bog down when i take off and it gets no speed after 13 or 15 mph.
I've checked for leaks, of which there are none. I've got great compression and what not.
When i take the jug off i can barely move the piston by hand :mad:

seen that on older motors - try loosening all the case bolts just a bit and see if it frees up - the old, big main motors sometimes drag the crank cheek on the bearing housing inside right where they swedged the journal pin

seen that on older motors - try loosening all the case bolts just a bit and see if it frees up - the old, big main motors sometimes drag the crank cheek on the bearing housing inside right where they swedged the journal pin
I think it's 3 or 4 years old just not sure. Has the small mount bolts.
I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

Well i cracked the case, literally.
So i threw it out the third story window and watched it really crack up lol
Got the Fred Head the other day though. Waiting on another Dax engine then i'll be riding hard for another 4 months :D
Ride safe guys :)

Back