piston mods to lighten weight see pic

Looks like by the time you got to the happy face it lost vacume velocity/pressure from opening closer to when the ports were covered above the piston.

Yeah, I think you are on to something there. Blasters are a reed valve engine but you are right, intake port timing is still important. The whole goal was maximize intake window size and time. I found there are limits.

My whole point was for folks to try it. Don't waste time in debate. Yes, throw the idea up for consideration, but try it.

As for lightening pistons, I've not felt a great gain from that over the years in any engine. I'm sure it's there, but I've not felt it.

I wish I'd played with my 79 yz125 more but I was kid,, the only mod to my 48cc cg was I trimmed the skirt to uncover the whole intk port at TDC, 5mm removed but results were sad. loss of low torque tho top end was very happy,,
I learned everything had to be part of a coordinated system. you can't expect to do a mod then later discover another mod and change out a component, mod again, if it's not all one plan. like do all in one plan, pipe characteristics maybe most important start from there going back.
I think I was fumbling not coordinating a whole. piston mods seem to be less effective than 8-10% of the whole

Back