Piston ring Problems, uh o..

Jixz

Local time
8:30 AM
:eek:

I was ridding down a main street in my town, top end and i was pedaling along in my highest gear and .. *pop* *burrmmm* motor dies. I petal a bit more, just gurgles and dies. I disengage the clutch and start to petal home and the decide to try one more time. *SKIDDDDDD* : back tires locked up : now the drive sprocket will NOT even budge when the clutch is engaged. The piston isn't torn up, carb connections fine, spark plugs fine. Just NO movement.

I have no clue where to start, so any nods in the right direction are great.

MBC EDIT: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound like something in the clutch side may have came apart. I'd start there.

Last edited by a moderator:
k, any more ideas, I cant really go work right now.. tornadoes are on the ground a few miles a way.. i should PROBABLY go into the bathroom... but this is much more important.

Lets start out with what you have looked at and taken apart so far.
You say the piston is ok, did you removed the head to see how did you find out?

removed head, intake and muffler, all views are showing it to be fine

Ok, have you looked into the drive spocket area to see if something maybe a rock got lodged up there? Does the clutch seem to disengage normally, i.e. the clutch arm moves freely?

arm moves just fine, the chain isnt jammed, no sign of damage from that point.

Well at this point I would suggest that you pull the clutch cover and have a look. Once you loosen the screws give the cover a light tap to break the gasket loose before removing all the screws.

the cover that reviles the drive sprocket? because if your referring to that ive already removed it, but im not sure which cover your referring to.

The cover on the right side as you sit on the bike and look down, it has five screws.

Back