Piston rod bearing keeps breaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmet

Local time
7:24 AM
Hello everybody hope you are doing great. On my chinese 80cc I recently ran into some problems and just can't realize what it actually is.
1,5 months ago my piston rod bearing( between crank and rod) was broken, i replaced it but 1 week ago it broke again.
My top end is worn out i was planning on replacing the top end but is it going to be worth all the pain again?
What do you think that might be causing it?

Happy 4th July.

Last edited:
I couldn't tell ya myself but hang in there for someone that can...Some are away on vacation etc. as well as it being the last day of what we call a "long holiday weekend" here in the USA...in this case, a National Holiday, "The 4th of July", "Independence Day"...DAMIEN

I'd just be guessing, but the rod might be too long for the jug by a smidge.

I'd just be guessing, but the rod might be too long for the jug by a smidge.
I never thought that way, everything is stock but at last it's coming from china.
It's long rod type though, with the type b piston (higher hole).

Could be to much timing, to much compression, to low of octane ( most likey not unless you really modded for racing), cheap bearing. I get my bearings from italy, made for scooters. Only one i ever had go was from a kit. After that i replace them at the start with a high quality scooter gudgeon bearing. They are rated at 20k rpm i believe. No way our engine will ever spin that fast.

low of octane
This is a possibility since Ahmet is in Turkey...I don't know what their octane ratings are on there gas...Also would need to know if the gas over there has ethanol in it and if so, that it is not over 10% ethanol...ethanol-free gas is always best in 2 strokes though if it is available there...DAMIEN

This is a possibility since Ahmet is in Turkey...I don't know what their octane ratings are on there gas...Also would need to know if the gas over there has ethanol in it and if so, that it is not over 10% ethanol...ethanol-free gas is always best in 2 strokes though if it is available there...DAMIEN
Could be the gas then. He would have to lower compression to make it live longer then. If they have low octane crap gas, it may be his only solution to more longevity in the bearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back