Engine Trouble Piston seized?

lukecanna

Local time
11:16 AM
Hi Everyone,
I just installed my fresh motorized bike kit which I bought on ebay.
i have installed one before so I have a little bit of knowledge on what to do.
when I pedal the bike then let out the clutch the back tire just skids to a halt. The chain is not bound or anything but I'm pretty sure my piston will not move because when I try turning the three pins when the clutch plate are they will not turn.
Thanks for reading, please help.

Pull the spark plug out and try it again.

If it won't turn over file a claim and get a refund then shop at a better place for a motor.

If you want to try to fix it and maybe take it as a loss then try some 2cycle oil down the plug hole and rock the bike back and forth with the clutch engaged...if you can get it to break free pull off the cylinder and see where it maybe got hung up and go from there.

There's a chance if a ring is caught up on a port Burr it can break a ring trying to free it so that's why I say take a possible loss but fixing the Burr and replacing rings is a minor fix...Hopefully no cylinder chrome damage happens or a new cylinder will be needed as well...in all about 35$ $40 in repairs.

If your clutch can't turn when engaged the motor won't turn either so maybe try disconnecting the clutch inside the case then try turning the motor over by hand.

too early in AM for me, but those 3 pins are hooked to chain and back wheel, not motor

you'd need to pull the spark plug and see if motor turns from the magneto nut

first, see if there's a warranty - I'd guess there's some kind of debris in a bearing down there

Back