Piston skirt mod and regaining bottom end

JerboaJohn

Local time
3:01 AM
I ground my 48cc piston skirt to uncover the full intake port at TDC, and it's great at upper mid to top end but feels like I lost some on the low range. I understand I changed intake port timing/duration since it wont close the intake port sooner, but how could changing bottom gaskets give me back a little more bottom end? I dont see anyone listing bottom gasket thicknesses I could choose from.

adding too much there will lower compression and change timing of other ports - gets complicated pretty quickly

I'd get another piston and kind of sneak up on the skirt cutting just a bit at a time until I had the amount I liked, then stop there.

yeah I won't get carried away with the piston this time. I have a new jug and piston to play with now. I forgot I ordered one last week doh!

I Grounded my piston skirt not long ago yes it does move the power band up higher but could i say it effects the fuel ratio at different powerbands. now this is just a theroy but i believe a skirt cut makes the engine less rich on the low rpm with a skirt grind since it has less of a pulse effect on the port. i have a very steep hill i hill climb and the power too climb it is not much different since i skirt chopped it try playing with the choke very slighty to get alittle more fuel and see if that adds torque it did for me

thanks, yeah hat makes sense about the pulse. a piston is cheap so next rebuild on this one or the next 2 stroke I put together I'll do it differently.
now if I could get more rpm out of it I could take advantage of more flow. it only revs to barely 5000

i have a 66cc/80cc its a
Seeutek PK80

pk80 rod/engine and yes i checked its a real pk80 runs great but the balance factor is off even though its a balanced crank at mid-high to high rpm range, high rpm it screams like crazy and its smooth and it wants to keep going

Back